Resonator or muffler to quiet the turbo?

JD3020

Reaction score
Tuned my '14 6.7 a while back with a SCT/Tyrant and a Flo Pro 4" stainless kit. The sound didn't bother me at first but its slowly getting on my nerves. Its fine cruising but at idle/accelerating when the vanes are closed the hair drier sound is beyond annoying, and of course the damn whooo when i get off the throttle. Had the same issue with my Jeep when i tried to straight-pipe it, it sounded alright but the turbo was obnoxious around town. Especially getting on and off the throttle. Was hoping the 6.7 would be better but i was wrong. :fustrate: So would a muffler or a resonator be best to kill the turbo noise? I don't want to take it back to stock sounding if possible. Obviously my best option would be to change turbo's but thats not happening anytime soon. Or i could just drive with my windows up and not worry about what it sounds like. LOL

sootie

Reaction score
I did a Flo pro Twister and a 40" Donaldson muffler

JD3020

Reaction score
How does the twister compare to a FTE? Looks like its about $30 cheaper than the FTE.

Has anybody ever re-used the factory resonator? Just remembered that my stock exhaust is sitting out in the scrap pile, 2 4" couplers and some clamps would be cheaper than a new resonator, IF it works halfway decent.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
How does the twister compare to a FTE? Looks like its about $30 cheaper than the FTE.

Has anybody ever re-used the factory resonator? Just remembered that my stock exhaust is sitting out in the scrap pile, 2 4" couplers and some clamps would be cheaper than a new resonator, IF it works halfway decent.

If you had a 5" exhaust I could have just given you my FTE Resonator since I'm not using it.

BK39

Reaction score
At 1 point I had the big FTE res on my truck, but it wiped out ALL noise, not just the turbo noise. It was dam near stock.

sootie

Reaction score
Flo pro and fte are very very similar. The stock resonator will do nothing for you at all.

valvetick

Reaction score
I love my 30" FTE completely erased the drone my truck would get towing at 70 mph below 2k rpm. Also doesn't do the 15+ howl at wide open throttle. Just a smooth clean note

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk