Replacement radiator

C2tuck

Reaction score
Wanted y’all opinion on the best replacement radiator. I have a leak on the driver side of the radiator, so I guess it’s time for a new one.

Remember hearing bad things about mishimoto, so what is recommended?

Thanks

Jonnylu

Reaction score
Only mishimoto in my eyes!! 6yrs going lifetime warranty! Even if your in a accident.
b3f90d91e0616fdc2504fb1585a36920.jpg
aff8777090f90796e3d713e9dc563ae7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

C2tuck

Reaction score
Can’t remember who was saying they weren’t ass good anymore. Didn’t know they had lifetime warranties. I’ll check em out. Any vendors left on here?

co04cobra

Reaction score
I’ve had terrible luck with mishimoto units in the 6.7 and trying to get them warrantied was a huge hassle. I finally gave up and ate the cost.

C2tuck

Reaction score
I’ve had terrible luck with mishimoto units in the 6.7 and trying to get them warrantied was a huge hassle. I finally gave up and ate the cost.

So what’s the next best option? OEM? I’ve got 117k miles and already had a water pump at around 50k. Don’t want to have these problems every couple years.

RyanD

Reaction score
I did OEMs 2 years ago after having the same leak and they have held up perfectly fine since. I just couldn't justify the cost of Mishimoto.

C2tuck

Reaction score
I did OEMs 2 years ago after having the same leak and they have held up perfectly fine since. I just couldn't justify the cost of Mishimoto.

That’s kinda where I’m at. Did you do both radiators or just the primary?

RyanD

Reaction score
That’s kinda where I’m at. Did you do both radiators or just the primary?

I did both because if you're doing the primary and can afford it, may as well do the secondary because it has to come out. I also did thermostats while I was in there. I'm a fairly novice wrench and it took me about 6 hours because every bolt I removed I taped to cardboard and wrote where it came from.

Assuming you have it done it before, a good tip that helped me was that I drained the radiators the night before, while also removing the grill and headlights - it's easy and gives you a boost of getting directly to work the next day.

This video, ironically, by Mishimoto was very helpful for the process. I used Ford coolant, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZlbKb8hk30

C2tuck

Reaction score
I did both because if you're doing the primary and can afford it, may as well do the secondary because it has to come out. I also did thermostats while I was in there. I'm a fairly novice wrench and it took me about 6 hours because every bolt I removed I taped to cardboard and wrote where it came from.

Assuming you have it done it before, a good tip that helped me was that I drained the radiators the night before, while also removing the grill and headlights - it's easy and gives you a boost of getting directly to work the next day.

This video, ironically, by Mishimoto was very helpful for the process. I used Ford coolant, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZlbKb8hk30

Yeah just ordered the primary, all hoses, belt tensioner, belt, and thermostat. May go ahead and order the secondary as well.

What about water pump? Mine was warranty replaced about 2 years ago, but if your already that deep into it...

RyanD

Reaction score
I should have done the water pump, yes, but I didn't. Belt would have been a good idea too.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered the secondary as well. I’ll check water pump once I’m in there and see how it looks. Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

Members online