T4 Turbonator Exhaust Housing

Countrycar

Reaction score
Hey fellas. Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but I thought I'd share it. I just saw this Ex-turbine last night while poking around on the Internet. If it does do what its claiming to do and for us guys that have done a T4 conversion it could be another game changer. But not just for the guys that are set up for towing, but for guys like me with big single chargers as well. This Turbonator Exhaust housing also functions as an Exhaust Brake. Also, I read some comments from DPS & supposedly they'll be coming out with a comparable model for the OEM 7.3 turbo as well.
It's not cheap, it is a little pricey. But anyhow just thought I'd share this.
For anyone looking for more info on this Turbonator Exhaust housing, there's alot of info on Youtube about it. I'm eager to hear what you guys think about it.
https://www.dieselpowersource.com/tu...urbine-housing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQQSFMf2m1M&t=1s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy-SoDTgAtE

Strokersace

Reaction score
Very interesting. Even beyond the 7.3 world. I wonder what the long term reliability is? How long components last? Etc?

What type of back pressures are seen with this installed?

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
This would seem super promising if they could fit it in a 7.3. Not a whole lot of room for that big ass thing.

I would buy one.

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
Dps has a customer with 7.3 stock injectors and a 363. It looks interesting. Even the mechanical version looks worth it if the price wasn't quite so high. But if you go to their Facebook they have videos of the 7.3.

Countrycar

Reaction score
I'll post up the message I received from Diesel Power source, but basically I'd have to change out my 87/72 center cartridge to an 83/74 on my sxe472 turbo in order to make it work. I don't have a lot of knowledge in the differences between the 2, but all a I imagine here is that there are differences in sizes physically between to the 2. Maybe someone here can help me to understand the difference between them.
I sent Diesel Power Source a message looking for info about the Turbonator exhaust housing fitment on my specific Turbo T4 SXE472 87/72 Turbo.
This is there response.
Diesel Power Source Response;
Thanks for the questions. First off, it is very likely that our Turbonator® housing would fit on your S472 turbo. As long as it is the 83/74 turbine wheel size. And it would make it run completely different and better then it would without it.
Right now all of the guys running our Turbonator® VGT on 7.3 Powerstrokes have added them to their existing S300 or S400 turbos, and done it by themselves. We do not yet have the 7.3 kit available, but are currently working on one.
On every single S400 turbo that has added our Turbonator to, whether Ford or Cummins has seen a 400+ RPM increase in spool up, and has also seen a huge increase in low-end power. The way the exhaust and air enter the turbo on both Cummins and Powerstroke is the same. Volume and pressure of exhaust and air function in the same way with our turbine housing. We simply reference the pressures and adjust the vanes accordingly. It’s really a game-changer when added to the S300 & S400’s.

We can contact a few of the guys running them on the 7.3’s and see if they can send us more data on them, but we do not have one installed on a 7.3 here that we can test. There are multiple castings that need made to get a kit together for the 7.3, and as yet we just don’t have them completed.
Hope that answers your questions.
Thanks,
Diesel Power Source, PMA

www.DieselPowerSource.com

Phone (801) 930-8404

01drwmoneypit

Reaction score
I’m in the search for turbo ideas right now and there is a massive highly detailed current post on FTE of a guy that is running one and working the bugs out, grenaded a s364 and went with a s372 as of the last post I saw

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.