Custom FICM tuning

Reaction score
this is the old style insight

Sorry to dig up an old thread here. But does anybody know if PHP is still doing this? Converting EVOs to the Gryphons. I know they went more towards the vendor side of things so.

Also does it have to be the old Evo or can it be the old insight like the one pictured? I have the old Edge insight would be curious if they could convert that. Have been humming and hawing whether it would be worth to swap to PHPs ficm Tuning as I already have IDPs, just read so much good stuff about PHPs. And it’d be cool to have all the extra monitoring features of the gryphon as it displays FICM voltages, ICP etc etc? My current old model Edge insight doesn’t do any of that.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extended Power

Reaction score
I am wondering if when I combined a 58volt ficm, with PHP tuning, and the PCM tunes from different vendors, if this wasn't what made my truck undriveable for the last couple years...
Totally a smoke pig, slow to spool up, and crap shifting.

Now that the transmission is being sent out again to be rebuilt, I just want to scrap every tune I have ever got, from every vendor I tried, and start fresh again.

I had added a CTS2 just for monitoring pressures.
PHP ficm tuner for obvious FICM tuning. (Never installed anything but the 40 tune.)
BPD 6phase ficm, set to 58 volts.
Tried 330/150 hybrids. (After 2+ years of grief, went back to 285/100 conventionals)

Once the swap back to the conventional injectors, and installing the second hpop was done, I was only able to drive the truck twice before the transmission cratered.

So like I said...I need to start with a clean slate...find a vendor that does it all, and knows what will work, with what I have.

Any suggestions, please let me know. (PM if you want, and make sure to spell it so I can read it, and not just see a bunch of ******)

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I am wondering if when I combined a 58volt ficm, with PHP tuning, and the PCM tunes from different vendors, if this wasn't what made my truck undriveable for the last couple years...
Totally a smoke pig, slow to spool up, and crap shifting.

Now that the transmission is being sent out again to be rebuilt, I just want to scrap every tune I have ever got, from every vendor I tried, and start fresh again.

I had added a CTS2 just for monitoring pressures.
PHP ficm tuner for obvious FICM tuning. (Never installed anything but the 40 tune.)
BPD 6phase ficm, set to 58 volts.
Tried 330/150 hybrids. (After 2+ years of grief, went back to 285/100 conventionals)

Once the swap back to the conventional injectors, and installing the second hpop was done, I was only able to drive the truck twice before the transmission cratered.

So like I said...I need to start with a clean slate...find a vendor that does it all, and knows what will work, with what I have.

Any suggestions, please let me know. (PM if you want, and make sure to spell it so I can read it, and not just see a bunch of ******)

Now that HPTuners offers FICM access i'd bet the bigger tuners would work with you on getting your setup going.

If you want to start with a clean slate and a complete ECM/TCM/FICM tuning package all in one file.

Latest posts

Members online