08 mirror swap

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
got my dad a set of 08 mirrors for christmas, can't get the damn things wired to work correctly. I put them on my 2000 f250 no problem and hooked these up the same. The problem im having is when going up and down they move in and out also. For example up goes up and to the right and down goes down/ left.

Truck is a 2000, anyone have a wiring diagram or know whats up?

Barnbuilder

Reaction score
I think mine that. The up and down was correct but the left and right is reversed. When I switched the wires it made both motors operate. I think you have to go in and swap the wires in the mirror to make it correct.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
its not the usual reversed deal, thats how it is on my truck and idc. On his excursion they are moving at a 45* angle up and down

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I can tell you that is normal if they are from a 08 truck directly. They are wired different which causes this to happen. I just installed mine today from 1aauto.com and they work flawlessly. But they are wired to fit a 99-07 with the correct polarity. I did a ton of research and these were direct plug and play. You can uses a switch from a 08 I think to correct it but it a little more work.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Just saw your post. Thats weird if it's moving like that. I've never ran Into that.

Latest posts

Members online