HELP homemade hpop setup problem

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Heres the run down. I built my own gen3 style hpop setup using a halidex pump ran into a stock 17 degree hpop.

Truck fired right up after install. Rough idle as expected from air in the system. So I let it idle about 5 minutes no problem. I revved it up one time let off the throttle it died and hasnt started since. Doesn't even try to start.

Ipr only reaches 65% icp only reaches 275psi. Changed iprs new icp. All wiring looks good. Injector orings are perfect. Base oil pressure is perfect. Hpop resivoir fills. Im stumped ant ideas? Im leaning toward the stock hpop took a shiz

Reaction score
With ipr Dc at 65% youre pump is putting out some serious oil.. Some where.

As stated check the hpop gear.

How many miles are on the injectors? The reason I'm asking us to rule out bad o rings.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Injector orings look brandnew still only have 500 miles on them. I even checked the little oil rail plugs under the valve covers. Those are brand new as well

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
When you put injectors back in, have someone crank it over and watch the squirters for excessive oil. I've seen it a couple times an injector will stick or get air locked (I'm not sure what happens) but it just runs oil straight thru and can't build pressure. Truck will start on ether and will run on high idle but dies at normal idle.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Ill check the hpop bolt when I get off work. I checked the injectors before I pulled them. None of them were pissin excessive oil

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Hpop gear was tight. Retorqued it anyways. Injectors reinstalled.
What should I check next?

It makes no sense. It ran for 5 minutes and now nothing.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
I may have stumbled across my problem. Can someone tell me what this hole is for in the front cover? My motor is a 2000. The t444e resivoir I have does not have a passage in it to match up with this hole in the front cover. Looking at my old superduty resivoir it looks like and overflow relief maybee

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418817647727.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418817647727.jpg
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 208

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
The t444e resivoir I have looks like the obs one on top. The bottom one is my old superduty resivoir. The one hole is missing

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418817865924.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418817865924.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 187

m j

Reaction score
so is it the IPR passage? dont have my pics on this PC to check.
the 7.3 bible might have pics in the updates section for 1996

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
If you follow that oil passage it goes up into the resivoir and back down and dumps into the front cover where the hpop drive gear is. But what is it purpose? Its fed by a port on the front of the hpop

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
My cast iron t444e resivoir doesn't have the oil passage for that port. Could these be my issue? With the resivoir bolted down thar passage is blocked off

Latest posts

Members online