Gearhead 6.4 Trans Files

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Got Eco, Hyb and Reg, anyone know the differences? Finally got some files emailed Larz back for a quick run down on the three files/options/differences and got nothing back, maybe someone here got it before and can share?

I'm trying 'Eco' right now but finding 70km/h speed limit still shifts up and down even though I am holding speed/load. Got to get my 3-5 shift solenoid in still but she has a little kick on "3rd" to "4th" gear change compared to the rest, but oh boy all the other gear changes are like butter and roads are icy and wet but the ass comes right around when I want it ;)

Can't wait for dry roads
:pullover:

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
shift timing is about the only difference to my knowledge.

Eco shifts earliest
Regular shifts latest
and hybrid is right in the middle

I would start with Hybrid and if it shifts a little early then switch to the regular, if it shifts late then go to the economy.

sootie

Reaction score
at WOT, all files are the same.

basically the only difference i feel is part throttle shift points

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
at WOT, all files are the same.

basically the only difference i feel is part throttle shift points

This is exactly how it should be.

The hybrid is a mix of regular/economy, hence the "hybrid".

Regular shifts the latest and economy shifts the earliest. Hybrid may be most like stock shift points, but its still in the middle.

From my understanding.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Ok, I had to load it up... the actual shift points are a little earlier on the hybrid, but the torque converter locks up later so it's closer to an OEM feel in that regard

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Sorry forgot to respond! Right from Larz for others wondering

I would start with the T-Reg file. All files are going to be the same under heavy throttle. At part throttle the Reg file will be closest to stock, the Eco file will try to lock the converter and shift 200 rpm's sooner, the Hybrid file is going to try and keep the rpm's up to stay on top of the charger (mostly for single non vgt setups).

Latest posts

Members online