95 fummins

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
i totally dig the OBS alcoa's on the trailer.
thanks Everyone that has seen them loves it lol
I don't believe there is enough triangulation there. I would definitely put one on just to be safe.
I thought the same thing too
This ^

I noticed they had a "triangulation" to them but it doesn't look like enough to keep everything straight running down the road in my opinion. I really have no suggestions, nor am I a suspension guru, I think I could put together my own air ride with the bit I do know but I'm probably not the guy that should be giving others suggestions. LOL
I just noticed in one of your pictures that it looked like the base of one of the bags wasn't lined up with the top from a side to side view, might just be the picture to.
Also a triangulated suspension shouldn't move the axle from side to side when the ride height is changed, but a trac bar would move the axle from side to side when the ride height is changed (If I'm remembering things correctly).
The trac bar he built was like snake.It went from the lower driver side axle mount to the passenger side frame for clearance for my 5 in exhaust system
After looking at several kelderman setups i this the bar needs to be straight at ride height but i will just have to see.
The pic you was refering to about not looking straight was when the bag was not fully inflated and then down to its ride height.

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
my manifold build for it
20150113_1659531_zps1ef7bdfe.jpg

20150113_1659591_zpse1779a77.jpg

20150125_1648181_zpsb3b4e8c4.jpg

20150127_1638371_zps671ff16d.jpg

20150127_1736471_zpsb85325cc.jpg

20150204_0930511_zpsc1231701.jpg

20150204_0931061_zps8b7ce3f6.jpg
[

ja_cain

Reaction score
Fixturing/work holding is always the thing that can put the breaks on real quick when trying to machine stuff. Order of operations is very important too. Any drilling/boring on square parts is best done on the lathe with the 4 jaw chuck. If done in the beginning should be easy to hold/secure. I just got a tilt table for my mill. It looks like it's going to come in real handy.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Last edited:

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
Fixturing/work holding is always the thing that can put the breaks on real quick when trying to machine stuff. Order of operations is very important too. Any drilling/boring on square parts is best done on the lathe with the 4 jaw chuck. If done in the beginning should be easy to hold/secure. I just got a tilt table for my mill. It looks like it's going to come in real handy.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

I did turn it some in the 4 jaw chuck on the lathe to clean up some edges.
But yes your correct, I have to think a bit about the order of steps I take as not to hinder myself later down the road.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Looks great so far. Where did you source the flange from? Also what torch setup and machine you using? I like doing thicker ss stuff because my welds always turn out nice relative to thinner material.

78f100

Reaction score
Looks awesome man, I would love to get a mill and learn how to use it properly. It would be cool to me to say I built that. Not to derail but is this at your work or you own the mill? And what kind of mill you using? I don't know anything about it but want to learn.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Looks like a JET knee mill. Could be wrong though. I'm sure they are very similar to a Bridgeport (clone).

ja_cain

Reaction score
Please post up cost of materials when you are done with the manifold. Would love to know what you have in it.

Latest posts

Members online