Update on my rig

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Good luck man. Hope everything works out. While the truck was in hibernation I though about borrowing the intake manifold for a while. Ha ha. Beautiful truck man. Dropped mine off Monday.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Good luck man. Hope everything works out. While the truck was in hibernation I though about borrowing the intake manifold for a while. Ha ha. Beautiful truck man. Dropped mine off Monday.

LOL, I may need it back. I was just there yesterday talking to Eric, will have to snoop around to find yours.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Most likely the only dark grey 450. Your Intercooler and first cold side pipe and elbow.
Look what the brown truck dropped off today.
de207352148bcccd3272e43028cd65a1.jpg

Erikclaw

Reaction score
plans to step back a little ways power wise, or keeping yourself iirc 900+?

Nope, not in my vocabulary. I am going to make this live, I really believe it was a combination of things. The solid lifters I think didn't help, that is just my opinion. Well not only mine but..

Everything is the same performance wise, just different manufacturers and different builder.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I saw him talking about it, but didnt see it confirmed. I know Tadd posted up about a set of lifters he has in stock (maybe the same ones?). The option Tadd posted about had an offering for axle oiling, which seems HUGE. And they are right in the same ball park $$ wise.

Good to see a couple different options these days for affordable, yet quality, lifters.

yep should help keep the from skidding on the camshaft.

If someone would make a set of adjustable rockers we would be in buisness. Solid lifters and adjustable rockers would solve so many ***in problems on this engine it wouldnt be funny.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
yep should help keep the from skidding on the camshaft.

If someone would make a set of adjustable rockers we would be in buisness. Solid lifters and adjustable rockers would solve so many ***in problems on this engine it wouldnt be funny.

Yeah that is what I was thinking, it would be nice if those two could come together......

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I saw him talking about it, but didnt see it confirmed. I know Tadd posted up about a set of lifters he has in stock (maybe the same ones?). The option Tadd posted about had an offering for axle oiling, which seems HUGE. And they are right in the same ball park $$ wise.

Good to see a couple different options these days for affordable, yet quality, lifters.

Just found that thread you are talking about, didn't look in the 6.4 section. Damn mine are already boxed up to ship. Wonder if there is a big difference.......

NathannialD

Reaction score
How in the world could the solid lifters cause all of that? Lash was set and that's it. At that point they are just like any other motor with solid lifters.

But what do I know

tbsimmons

Reaction score
How do you pre-load the hydraulics then?

So I am guessing you just tighten down the rockers and thats it? That cant be good. Geometry has to be off some.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Hydraulics are self adjusting to the best of my knowledge.

Maybe that's the wrong way to put it. I believe the oil in the lifter acts like an accumulator to keep the push rod and lifter in contact.

Last edited:

NathannialD

Reaction score
How do you pre-load the hydraulics then?

So I am guessing you just tighten down the rockers and thats it? That cant be good. Geometry has to be off some.

with the hydraulic lifters they use oil pressure to apply slight tension on the whole valvetrain. this is why the solid lifters imo are superior for numerous reasons.

sorry for the derail Eric.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I get how lifters work.
All hydraulics I have used you have to pre-load, SBC for example is 0 lash all the way to a full turn past lash depending on lifters and rocker studs used.
What I am asking is if solids are put in with push rods taking up the clearance then either geometery will have to be off or too much clearance and the lifter wont be on the cam.
Am I off?

Latest posts

Members online