lets talk sumps

Tom S

Reaction score
I am curious what all do you use to seal that to the tank the stands up to the test of time being exposed to fuel.

TARM

Reaction score
It varies but I would ay it does not cure it but improves it considerably. But a sump cures it right down to almost bone dry LOL. It also helps your fuel pump a god bit at least if sound and heat is any indicator. But it does. In fact the pump manf all make it clear they prefer you to be using only sumps if you want best perf and longest duty life.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Any of you guys know if a tsd sump will clear the fx4 skid plate on a 6.0?

Chris

Reaction score
Doing the intank mods will help, but you are still restricted to 3/8 line going into your fuel pump. so running a fuel lab or larger airdog or fass, you still run the chance of cavitating. I think running a pump such as a walbro might be ok.

The sump allows you to use every last bit of fuel in the tank, as it becomes the lower point in the tank. Also it keeps the pump from having to suck the fuel and allows gravity to help feed the pump. How much this is helped depends on how high you mount your pump and filters of course.

The sump will not clear the factory skid plate. We either remove the skid plate on trucks that do not go offroad, or we cut a section out of the plate and box it in about 1-1.5 inches.

As far as sealing the sumps, we use the ford gray rtv used to do the oil pans and such. So far no sealing issues.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Doing the intank mods will help, but you are still restricted to 3/8 line going into your fuel pump. so running a fuel lab or larger airdog or fass, you still run the chance of cavitating. I think running a pump such as a walbro might be ok..

I thought the whole point of the AD and FASS was to remove the possibility of cavitation?

Chris

Reaction score
They are designed to remove air - but they can still cavitate if their feed line is undersized.

:whs:

not to mention, it will cause premature failure on the pump as well as make it noisy. trying to flow 150+ gph thru a 3/8 suction line will not make any pump happy. In fact a lot of pump manufacturers will not warranty their pumps unless they are ran with larger feeds to the pumps. fuel lab for instance specs 5/8 iirc.

Latest posts

Members online