1997 7.3 OBS Project

Strokersace

Reaction score
For you guys that have done the conversions, How did you mount the rear shocks since the superduty axle has one mount in the front and one in the rear where the OBS frame mounts both shocks at the front?

For the shocks, since they both face forward on the obs, I took 2 of the forward facing bolt on SD axle mounts, and mounted them at about the same location as the obs axle had them. Had to heat adjust the holes to line up with the angled shock and then put a "stitch weld" on the brackets/axles since they no longer used the alignment pins.

m j

Reaction score
I would weld a mount to axle to match the frame, but I would want to keep the big rear tank.
the room to four link is one of the reasons the side tank was removed on mine

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Sorry I havent made a new post on this yet but we got the turbo kit ordered today. We ended up going with the Irate T4 S366SXE with a .91 AR housing. I will have more updates in the coming weeks.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I used shock brackets off a 99-04 truck since they both face to the rear, spun them around and welded then both facing the front.

The reason I used the 99-04 brackets is because they have to be twisted slightly to the frame rails because the obs shocks are on an angle. The way they are made makes them easier to twist

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Sorry guys, With all the Holidays around we havent had much spare time. Motor should be done soon. The Exhaust manifolds were chit so we were going back and forth between OEM manifolds and the Irate Headers, After talking with Jake I ordered a set of headers from him. They should be here this week. I will get some pictures of the motor tonight.

MeTo

Reaction score
Sorry I havent made a new post on this yet but we got the turbo kit ordered today. We ended up going with the Irate T4 S366SXE with a .91 AR housing. I will have more updates in the coming weeks.

I'd be very interested in how you like the turbo. Details!

I didn't notice if your truck is a manual or auto and gear ratio? Some truck info in your sig would be handy.

Having a manual and how I use my truck. There's a possibility their will be a 364.5 with either a .91 or .84 gated housing next summer. I'm just trying to get some info from anyone who actually is using that combo with stage ones.

subed

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online