DieselDC

Reaction score
$162? Get a mishimoto

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Swaan

Reaction score
Bd power make a nice intercooler upgrade also. If yours is bad it's a no brainer.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Most people upgrade the intercooler when making more power because you will see a drop in egt with more airflow but also the factory coolers have plastic ends on them and with too much boost you will split the end. This is why the upgraded ones are all welded metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMCCOY

Reaction score
The IC in my L99 is all aluminum and seems pretty robust. I just wonder about flow given it was designed for the stock turbo and here I am shoving 45psi through it with the 366SXE. That said, that's the whole point of boost, overcome N/A restrictions so maybe it's not that helpful? Hence the reason to inquire about it here.

DieselDC

Reaction score
The IC in my L99 is all aluminum and seems pretty robust. I just wonder about flow given it was designed for the stock turbo and here I am shoving 45psi through it with the 366SXE. That said, that's the whole point of boost, overcome N/A restrictions so maybe it's not that helpful? Hence the reason to inquire about it here.

You’re fine I guess? I have 60+ psi through it (60psi is the max for my gauge so it’s probably 70+) with an s400.

—————signature—————

Arisley

Reaction score
I was pagging a 60 lb. gauge with ease for years on my E99 with a stock IC. Unless you are having an issue with yours, you will see little to no improvement with an aftermarket one.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I’ve been over 40 a couple times on my plastic end tank IC. Not sure where the burst point is but I’m sure it’ll be found eventually.

DieselDC

Reaction score
I’ve been over 40 a couple times on my plastic end tank IC. Not sure where the burst point is but I’m sure it’ll be found eventually.

60psi. That’s why I have the full aluminum one.

—————signature—————

dsberman94

Reaction score
60psi. That’s why I have the full aluminum one.

—————signature—————

Yea I’ll be interested to see if I get to 60. I can hit 40 on a modified stock tune up hill with the TC locked with my setup. Can’t turn it up until I get the fuel system on.

Jomax

Reaction score
Yea I’ll be interested to see if I get to 60. I can hit 40 on a modified stock tune up hill with the TC locked with my setup. Can’t turn it up until I get the fuel system on.

You buy a fuel system already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.