:looking for excellent mechanic in Lewisville Tx area

dmd

Reaction score
I think I have a cracked injector, lite white smoke at idle, happened between one stop light to the next. No intake noise, no exhaust noise, no puffing from oil filler. Will puff out a small white cloud out the exhaust accelerating from a stop light. Runs well other than when idling for a little while one cylinder seems a little weak and over fueled, once off idle it runs just as before with maybe a little more smoke at lower RPM.

I parked it and haven't driven it since it happened last week so no more damage can happen.

I have an appoint to get it in a few weeks out for a very trusted mechanic but wonder if there are some others in the area that can get it in sooner.

dmd

Reaction score
Thx.. We are getting together to see what is going on.

Hope to get it going again soon.

dmd

Reaction score
ghohouston agrees that it appears to be an injector. Lite white smoke that burns your eyes. Found the ICP connector
with oil in it too.. Those ICPs sure are expensive. The harnesses ohm out good they are only 18-mos old so they better.

Box will arrive tomorrow from Unlimited Diesel so I can send the injectors back protected.
Going to get all 8 checked.

dmd

Reaction score
Unlimited Diesel Performance found a leaking nozzle in one injector, covered it under
warranty and one day turn around. Appreciate their their customer service, always
answered the phone and answered any questions.

Truck should be back on the road in a few days, dependent on UPS.

Last edited:

dmd

Reaction score
Truck is back on the road. ghohouston got it running last night with some very large clouds of smoke. Completely fogged the road when we pulled out of the drive.

Still purging the air from the lines, but better after a drive this morning. Was like
starting a 6.0 with HPOP leak for awhile, took about 3 seconds to start. Now maybe
a second. Should get back to just a quick crank soon I hope. Idle is back to normal
though.

We are pretty sure the IPC was the original one, should help with the new one. They
sure are expensive.

Latest posts

Members online