hybrid turbo

SuperDuty73

Reaction score
Does the 38r compressor housing bolt onto a late superduty backingplate? Also does a late superduty backingplate bolt onto an obs centersetion bearing cartridge?
Im looking into basically making a journal bearing 38r for an obs.
thanks Mark

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Does the 38r compressor housing bolt onto a late superduty backingplate? Also does a late superduty backingplate bolt onto an obs centersetion bearing cartridge?
Im looking into basically making a journal bearing 38r for an obs.
thanks Mark

LOL...

No...

Barnhartal

Reaction score
Just buy a d66. Everything you asked is possible. But not unless you have access to a full machine shop and a whole lot more time than you do money.

neverkickn

Reaction score
You will need to have the backplate and compressor housing machined. I think barder turbo service will do the machine work and send you the 66mm wheel. If you use your stock turbine housing then all you need to do is have the compressor side machined and reassemble the charger. There is no need to get any SD parts. Just have yours machined to fit the larger wheel.

SuperDuty73

Reaction score
I know it all needs machining i got a guy who will take care of that.
doesnt the superduty compressor housing flow more at lower pressure ratios due to the larger a/r?
Thanks

dirk0

Reaction score
No and no. On the d66, for a long time bean said no hybrids, then at some point.. Hybrids were "ok".

I would skip all that and move to a h2e/s3xx/s4xx/gt42 series and be done with it.

neverkickn

Reaction score
No and no. On the d66, for a long time bean said no hybrids, then at some point.. Hybrids were "ok".

I would skip all that and move to a h2e/s3xx/s4xx/gt42 series and be done with it.

Solid advice here. I messed with the stock charger way to long. If I had it to do again I would go with a different charger right off the bat.

Latest posts

Members online