7.3 standalone harness?

Smokin444

Reaction score
What all is needed to make a 7.3 powerstroke run without all the unecessary wiring thats not needed. Think of swapping a 7.3 in older truck in the near future and was wondering what needed to be done to make it work.

79jasper

Reaction score
I believe that would be separate. Most of those would have real truck trans that will either be: A. Manual. B. Have its own computer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
You can strip down a truck harness to make it work.

That is what I am doing for my swap. Just getting the bare essential to run the motor in the configuration that I need. Removing wiring for fuel bowl heater, ebpv, glow plug, etc. My trans will be stand alone though so that will be even fewer wires I will need.

Smokin444

Reaction score
I was just wondering which wire are really needed to make it run but I like the t444e idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Not sure on that one. I know they run a different one though, but some people can still tune them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
No. Plugs are different. The pcm on a t444e is a different case design. That is why I am stripping down a super duty harness.

Also a ts style chip will not work with a t444e pcm.

Jeremy

Reaction score
94-98 T444E'a used a ford pcm, and i've run a single program style(gold superchip) on them from php in the past. I think the ford superduty donar would be a better way to go through.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I think php might actually sell a t444e chip, specifically meant for that PCM. T444e shows up, or used to, on php's website in one of the drop down menus.

Smokin444

Reaction score
If I went with a super duty engine harness would I need the wiring inside the cab too? The plan was to run auto meter gauges but I didn't know I'd need the cluster or harness from inside the cab.

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
If I went with a super duty engine harness would I need the wiring inside the cab too? The plan was to run auto meter gauges but I didn't know I'd need the cluster or harness from inside the cab.

the cluster is needed to verify the PCM. I was going to run autometers in my rat rod but now i might not since i need the cluster in there. Theres quite a bit to use from the harness inside the cab. Throttle,brake,clutch,cluster,Barometric sensor,and some relays. not to mention ignition wires

FORDAHLBILT

Reaction score
i did this swap in a 67 f250 highboy. had a donor truck so I used the e4od and the sterling.

I used all the wiring and cluster from the donor. I didn't bother choppin it up.

markfuga

Reaction score
I did this swap into a 58 Chevy truck and chopped the wire harness down to absolute bare minimum. I used a 97 F250 as the donor and from the cab harness you need to keep: barometer, accelerator pedal, DLC. If your donor is an automatic then you also need to use the speedometer module (not the entire cluster) and the VSS from the rear axle. If you have a manual transmission then you don't need any part of the gauge cluster nor the VSS. I'm currently swapping a 96 PSD/auto into a 78 F250 but taking a different approach with the wiring. I'm re-wiring the entire truck with the 96 donor harness because the 78 doesnt have much left of it's harness.

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
I wonder if there's a difference between an OBS and superduty with what might be required. I'll have to unplug my cluster and see. I'd rather not use the cluster in the 53 anyways

superpsd

Reaction score
The superduty has a few more pieces to the puzzle. If I were going to do a swap I would stick with the OBS harness. Simple and can be tuned easily. The T444E setup I have read can be flashed. However there is no flippable chip available as far as I know. The PCM is limited.

vegoildieselguy

Reaction score
Cutting down a 2000 f350 auto 4wd harness to run a manual trans 85 with engine conversion. I wired a couple lights from the dash I wanted such as CEL and WTS. Got rid of the 2000 cluster and everything back to the GEM. Now, I'm assuming I messed up because I can't even get the PCM to power up, turn on the wts light, or power up my CTS. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.