lets talk sumps

1badpsd

Reaction score
Im looking at doin a sump soon and was just wondering if there's any difference in a hellman and tsd sump. Is either one better than the other?

vapstroke

Reaction score
I haven't seen a tsd sump in person but I have a Hellman sump on my truck. It's a nice piece the only thing I did was find some thicker nylon washers for it because the ones that came with it seemed to distort a bit when tightened down. I picked up the new washers at the local hardware store for about two dollars.

389sixpack

Reaction score
New_Fuel_Sump_07.jpg

TEXASMEDIC01

Reaction score
I have two TSD sumps, one on each truck. I like their styling. They are more streamlined IMHO, can be made in any color, and at the time the price was a little cheaper than alternatives I had found.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I just installed a TSD sump on a truck - very nice piece - my only complaint is how much the outlet port is recessed - but it sure isn't enough to keep me from buying one. In fact I will probably be buying another one here in the near future for another truck I am working on.

Irontx

Reaction score

That's really nice man.

I have a Hellman sump on mine. Shiniest thing on my truck. Whoever you go with, it's worth it. Shouldn't try a fuel system without it. Sucks not getting that extra quarter tank with the stock draw straw.

389sixpack

Reaction score
That's really nice man.

I have a Hellman sump on mine. Shiniest thing on my truck. Whoever you go with, it's worth it. Shouldn't try a fuel system without it. Sucks not getting that extra quarter tank with the stock draw straw.
Whatever brand you go with, make sure you have good filtration and a water separator. Everything on the bottom of your tank is now heading to the injectors. Need good fuel system for a bottom feeder.

young7.3

Reaction score
Theres not much to talk about. Just pick a sump, they all do the same thing. Im rockin a TSD black one and like its low profile.

Last edited:

1badpsd

Reaction score
I've had an AirDog 2 and just in the last 2 months its started with the quarter tank problem and ive been Puttin it off but its time to fix it.

Chris

Reaction score
Heres a pic of our sumps. Any sump will solve your 1/4 tank issue if installed correctly, and they will all make the fuel pump of your choice a much happier camper. It boils down to personal preference and customer service. BTW Nigel, that sump is freaking awesome! You running 4 fuel labs off that thing?!

new_sumps_2.JPG

new_sumps_3.JPG