Toy hauler owners

Poglife

Reaction score
Looking at upgrading my camper within a couple months was wondering who all here has toy haulers or are full timers. Me and my gf both travel for work and have a 30ft zinger 5er and are looking to upgrade something a little bigger and more up to the task of full timing . Been looking at voltages, clyclones, fuzions, ect would like some feedback if any of y'all have these best bang for the buck and quality. Have a 15 f250 srw going on a diet soon also throwing traction bars and air bags on it think that will make it fine to pull anything

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive got a 38ft weekend warrior, it an old ome ,but i picked it up for 13k. I would highly rwcommend going with one that does not have an enclosed garage, as that chops 10-12ft off the ass of the trailer as far as living area goes. And if its a 5th wheel, it already feels like youre losing 10ft with the portion that goes over the truck. Thats one of the reasons i ended up wih such a big one. A 29ft fifth wheel i looked at seemed smaller than my parents 22ft bumper pull.

Jomax

Reaction score
Ive got a 38ft weekend warrior, it an old ome ,but i picked it up for 13k. I would highly rwcommend going with one that does not have an enclosed garage, as that chops 10-12ft off the ass of the trailer as far as living area goes. And if its a 5th wheel, it already feels like youre losing 10ft with the portion that goes over the truck. Thats one of the reasons i ended up wih such a big one. A 29ft fifth wheel i looked at seemed smaller than my parents 22ft bumper pull.

Biggest plus about an enclosed garage is the gas fumes say in the back(some don't need a huge garage), plus with an enclosed garage you get a better main area with big slides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Biggest plus about an enclosed garage is the gas fumes say in the back(some don't need a huge garage), plus with an enclosed garage you get a better main area with big slides.

I would tend to agree with you in theory. In practice, ive got 2 buddies th ones with garages, and the gas fumes are still in the living area. The slides are nice, but it is just another thing to go wrong though...

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Things I like about the enclosed garage is that is a screened in porch and separate ac unit. 1/2 bath in the back, washer dryer, and sleep 4 adults comfortably. Plus I do not know if the OP has pets or not, but its a good place to put them when they can not go with you places. Also when it rains and we are inside you can pile the kids back there to watch a movie and play while the adults can play cards or whatever and you don't have to talk over the kids.

Poglife

Reaction score
Yep I have dogs and that was a plus for me to having the rubber flooring back there would be a plus . I do like the idea of having porches if I'm in a senic area.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
We full time in a grand design solitude 39' 5er
It is a very well built unit with lots of amenities
They make a TH model called the momentum I would check those out too
I have full timed most of my adult life and have not personally seen anyone have great luck with a keystone product. My neighbor last week had a 16 fusion chrome and his roof started tearing off going down the rd and he had mold growing up the wall from water intrusion no one can find

farm boy

Reaction score
Me and the GF just bought a 2014 38' Forest River Viper. Has a 12' garage for the RZR. Inside is very nice and it weighs in at only 11k empty. Were in love with it so far.

Attachments

• camp1.jpg
    camp1.jpg
    778.3 KB · Views: 193

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Heck yea those are nice!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BK39

Reaction score
Yep I have dogs and that was a plus for me to having the rubber flooring back there would be a plus . I do like the idea of having porches if I'm in a senic area.

I went through this about 6 months ago, shopped every brand, compared so many that I started getting them mixed up. At the end of the day, it was between the Voltage 4150 and Cyclone 4200. The full rear bath and side patios were a must for me. I loved the RW 427 living room layout. But it didn't have a full rear bath. Just keep looking, when you start getting really specific on certain details, it'll start eliminating a few at a time.
If you are looking at used, there is a guy around here in Dallas trying to sell a 4200, he ******d the rear bath, turned it in to an office, had both his patios set up with fake grass for his dogs.

Poglife

Reaction score
Me and the GF just bought a 2014 38' Forest River Viper. Has a 12' garage for the RZR. Inside is very nice and it weighs in at only 11k empty. Were in love with it so far.

Nice rig will have to check this out I haven't looked at any of those yet

Poglife

Reaction score
I went through this about 6 months ago, shopped every brand, compared so many that I started getting them mixed up. At the end of the day, it was between the Voltage 4150 and Cyclone 4200. The full rear bath and side patios were a must for me. I loved the RW 427 living room layout. But it didn't have a full rear bath. Just keep looking, when you start getting really specific on certain details, it'll start eliminating a few at a time.
If you are looking at used, there is a guy around here in Dallas trying to sell a 4200, he ******d the rear bath, turned it in to an office, had both his patios set up with fake grass for his dogs.

Those seem to be my favorite floor plans so far I do like the dual patios also have been looking at kayo seismic wave

Poglife

Reaction score
Cool the 2 trailers I like are triple axles 15500-15800 empty so that's good to hear. If I read stuff right that the max for my truck so was just double checking

Jomax

Reaction score
Cool the 2 trailers I like are triple axles 15500-15800 empty so that's good to hear. If I read stuff right that the max for my truck so was just double checking

IIRC 5th wheel capacity was like 16,800 for a 250 with the camper package?