13 Platinum s363

NMSVT

Reaction score
Nice truck! Have you towed anything with it to see how it handles a load? Also how do you like the tyrant tuning for the transmission?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I have towed but nothing to heavy yet. Towed our trailer that weighed around 5k lbs with some material. it sure is different from the vgt turbos. You have to time going uphill by getting enough boost before the climb or else you will be trying to downshift and dump fuel like a train lol it helps to shift in manual that way you keep the rpms up. Other than that, towing shouldnt be a problem.

As for the tyrant tuning, i like it so far. Its kind of weird sometimes though. Like a week ago, i had the trans slipping under very light throttle from 2-3 and 3-4. Fluid was almost at operating temperature and it only did it for awhile that day. Next couple days it cleared up and have not happened again... i do notice under WOT that when it shifts... it shifts hard! Feels like something is gonna break. Good thing the trans is built, or else... but even built trans fail. I dont let it shift that hard though. Maybe could be the lack of good rear tires and no traction bars.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes I do have the 363. As you had mentioned, you are thinking I’m already around say 575-600hp. That’s with my stock 15+ pump. What does the 15+ pump max out at usually? If with dual fueler and my current turbo you think I can probably make a 12.xx pass (with traction bars and good tires for sure) then I might just start looking for a dual fueler. So basically is the dual fueler enough to get me to a 12.xx pass? I’ll have to look into what the 363 can handle

well the pump will usually make up to 575 .. depends on the dyno, also depends on the tune, and how hard tyrant is pushing it. lots of factors, but a legit pump like the exergy drop in or h&s dual fuelers will definitely supply the fuel. you should be a bit faster than you are with current mods, thats why i was asking about altitude if the track.

NMSVT

Reaction score
well the pump will usually make up to 575 .. depends on the dyno, also depends on the tune, and how hard tyrant is pushing it. lots of factors, but a legit pump like the exergy drop in or h&s dual fuelers will definitely supply the fuel. you should be a bit faster than you are with current mods, thats why i was asking about altitude if the track.

I’m gonna look into dual fuel. Would I need to change up the turbo? I’ve been looking into what my s363 will handle but I see people say to go with a s366 or s369. Your thoughts??

sootie

Reaction score
hardcore abuse with a 366 can result in the windows 67 mod but with good tuning and an intelligent right foot can last a while. With a 369...almost inevitable.

Black AOD

Reaction score
hardcore abuse with a 366 can result in the windows 67 mod but with good tuning and an intelligent right foot can last a while. With a 369...almost inevitable.

What Ron Said. If you're looking into more fuel, I'd really consider the 10mm Exergy CP4 pump Mike has talked about a few times. Mainly for the simplicity of straight drop in and it's good for 800-850 HP worth of fuel

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What Ron Said. If you're looking into more fuel, I'd really consider the 10mm Exergy CP4 pump Mike has talked about a few times. Mainly for the simplicity of straight drop in and it's good for 800-850 HP worth of fuel
Holy chit.. as a single pump it will lay that down?

live life full throttle

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I’m gonna look into dual fuel. Would I need to change up the turbo? I’ve been looking into what my s363 will handle but I see people say to go with a s366 or s369. Your thoughts??

yes a 363 will be fine with dual fuel. obviously those turbos are pretty disposable, so it may shorten its life span , but should make 615 or so with an exergy pump or dual fuel.

NMSVT

Reaction score

Thanks Ron. I see there’s a s364.5 I’ll look into that turbo

NMSVT

Reaction score

I was looking at them but i just dropped in a new 15+ pump.. should have maybe thought about it before. Wouldn’t a dual fueler be easier to install? I like the fact that there would be no short on fuel with two pumps instead of stressing one. But I’m also not looking to make big power just get into a 12.xxx at my elevation.

NMSVT

Reaction score
yes a 363 will be fine with dual fuel. obviously those turbos are pretty disposable, so it may shorten its life span , but should make 615 or so with an exergy pump or dual fuel.

Cool just what I needed to know. I’m now thinking of getting a dual fueler and later upgrade to either a s364.5 or the s366

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Cool just what I needed to know. I’m now thinking of getting a dual fueler and later upgrade to either a s364.5 or the s366

64 will be a small increase. i'd go 66 and push my luck. let me know if i can help you with a dual fueler kit, we have a few on the shelf here.

Latest posts

Members online