2012 Reverse sensors always go off

wreedps

Reaction score
Hello,

My 2012 has gotten to the point that the reverse sensors will go off full bore even in a empty parking lot. I do have a ranch hand bumper.

They have never been this bad.

Any ideas?

JMart

Reaction score
Make sure they are clean and there is no moisture in them. My 6.4 would have issues for days after I washed it or it rained.

wreedps

Reaction score
Yeah I have done that a few times. Do I just need to replace them now?

pdumont01

Reaction score
If you have access to a scan tool you can monitor each individual sensor to find the problem one.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

pdumont01

Reaction score
Anything that can get into the body control module or gem should be able to read that data, not sure about a tuner. Or just buy one and keep swapping it until it works. Usually its only one that goes bad..

TripleE44

Reaction score
If you put the truck in reverse with the parking brake on and go back there and put your ear up to each sensor you'll figure out which one is messed up. I can't remember if they click when they're working or when they are broken but it should be easy to isolate.

My 08 did the same thing when one was bad. Just had to replace one and all was good.

pdumont01

Reaction score
Yeah it sees the water as an object close to the sensor.

wreedps

Reaction score
If you put the truck in reverse with the parking brake on and go back there and put your ear up to each sensor you'll figure out which one is messed up. I can't remember if they click when they're working or when they are broken but it should be easy to isolate.

My 08 did the same thing when one was bad. Just had to replace one and all was good.

All of them were clicking when it was going crazy the other day. I have not replaced them or messed with them yet. I am in the habit on click them to Off every time I put the truck in reverse.

Horsemover

Reaction score
Mine actually seem to work better when its wet out. Haven't got around to checking them yet but wish when you turned them off they would stay off.

JRLott

Reaction score
I thought it was absolutely stupid when I bought my truck. Now I find myself only half a$$ed looking back. I don't notice it so much on my truck, but when I get in the bride's ride, I panic. Hers has a reverse camera, but not sensors. I think it's made me a worse driver because I spend on them instead of my eyes, mirrors, and having my head out of my posterior. I'm paying attention to this thread so I know how to fix mine when they inevitably fail.