EGR “off” SCT

Wrxeac

Reaction score
I have a bulletproof EGR cooler and an SCT tuner with IDP tunes. I have selected “EGR off” on the SCT but the EGR valve is still installed and connected. Is this ok? Reason I’m asking is I can only get 22 psi boost pulling my 10K 5th wheel. I was kinda of thinking with the valve not energized, it might leak leak boost pressure. Anyone have any experience or related issues they’ve fought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeb

Reaction score
There is no issue running it how you are. (valve installed and connected, but turned off)

How are you reading boost pressure? If you are reading it with a mechanical gauge and only seeing 22psi, you probably have a leak somewhere, or pretty mild tuning.

Wrxeac

Reaction score
Thank you!

Reading 22psi on my Edge Insight pulling 4th gear uphill with my camper.

This was after I returned to stock tune but left the EGR off. I was just reaching out on that idea before I started troubleshooting a leak.

sootie

Reaction score
factory boost sensor wont read higher than 22. Get an analog gauge to see what your actually making.

edit: if its 05 or older. Not sure what the trucks with the factory boost gauge will read.

Zeb

Reaction score
factory boost sensor wont read higher than 22. Get an analog gauge to see what your actually making.

edit: if its 05 or older. Not sure what the trucks with the factory boost gauge will read.

Not looking to argue, but I’ve seen 28-31 psi through the MAP sensor on multiple trucks.

Thank you!

Reading 22psi on my Edge Insight pulling 4th gear uphill with my camper.

This was after I returned to stock tune but left the EGR off. I was just reaching out on that idea before I started troubleshooting a leak.

22psi is about right on a stock 6.0. As Sootie said, get a mechanical gauge on it and see what it’s really doing tho.

Wrxeac

Reaction score
Awesome thank you! Didn’t know the in’s and out’s of how boost pressure was read.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.