Carli Backcountry Help

treatcg

Reaction score
Recently had a Carli Backcountry 2.5”, full replacement Deavers, 17” Method Double Standards and Toyo AT2 Extremes installed on my 2016 F250. I read all the reviews about how good the ride is and I have to say I am disappointed so far. I know all the super duties have the rear end bounce on concrete roads but mine is worse after the install. At certain times the hop gets out of control and is scary when doing over 70mph. My truck in stock form had the bounce but not near this bad. On asphalt roads, my truck is smooth as can be. I have talked to Carli and verified correct shock and leaf spring part numbers. I am running their recommended tire pressure and I have tried more and less and no help. I have put weight in the rear and no help. At this point, I really dislike my truck. And two of my leaf springs bushings are squeaking like crazy. Any suggestions on how to get the bushings apart after they have been installed? One is a front bushing and the other is a top rear shackle bushing.

I am going to put the stock tires and wheels back on and see how the ride is. Would any changes to the front end alignment help? Current caster is 1.6 and 1.9. I am open to any suggestions. I know hundreds run this same setup and love it.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Recently had a Carli Backcountry 2.5”, full replacement Deavers, 17” Method Double Standards and Toyo AT2 Extremes installed on my 2016 F250. I read all the reviews about how good the ride is and I have to say I am disappointed so far. I know all the super duties have the rear end bounce on concrete roads but mine is worse after the install. At certain times the hop gets out of control and is scary when doing over 70mph. My truck in stock form had the bounce but not near this bad. On asphalt roads, my truck is smooth as can be. I have talked to Carli and verified correct shock and leaf spring part numbers. I am running their recommended tire pressure and I have tried more and less and no help. I have put weight in the rear and no help. At this point, I really dislike my truck. And two of my leaf springs bushings are squeaking like crazy. Any suggestions on how to get the bushings apart after they have been installed? One is a front bushing and the other is a top rear shackle bushing.

I am going to put the stock tires and wheels back on and see how the ride is. Would any changes to the front end alignment help? Current caster is 1.6 and 1.9. I am open to any suggestions. I know hundreds run this same setup and love it.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That caster should be a lot higher. I think factory specs the outer limit is like 4.2 or 3.9, something in that area. However, caster isnt gonna,make the ass hop.

You sure the tires are balanced right? No bad u joints or carrier bearing or something stupid like that?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online