New injectors and now sputtering at or above 2500 rpm

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Ok guys so my truck has been in the shop for awhile due to me not having the diagnostic tools to get it right. Well anyway today I got the truck back and now after I go past 2500 rpm it will sputter and then go back to normal and it doesn't matter what gear I'm in or how fast I'm going it will still do it after I go above 2500 rpms. I also noticed that my fuel gauge is moving up and down alot as well. Does anyone know if this is normal for a truck with new injectors or not? It has seem to be getting better since I have driven it today as well

dmd

Reaction score
May take some miles to get all of the air out of the system after an injector swap

Reaction score
As said the sputter could still be a trapped air bubble. Get on a back road some where and run the total hell out of it for a couple passes. That has helped several people get the air out if that is the issue. The fuel gauge bouncing up and down is a different issue all together. Fuel gauge has nothing to do with injectors, factory or aftermarket.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
As said the sputter could still be a trapped air bubble. Get on a back road some where and run the total hell out of it for a couple passes. That has helped several people get the air out if that is the issue. The fuel gauge bouncing up and down is a different issue all together. Fuel gauge has nothing to do with injectors, factory or aftermarket.
Could be ground related

live life full throttle

wildbill963258

Reaction score
It's more of a hesitation than like its running out of fuel sputter, almost like theres too much fuel. It goes away past 3k rpm (I've been doing wot runs since I got it back and discovered that issue) but I'm more wondering if this is a normal issue for injector replacement or if its something else.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I did have an issue before it wouldn't start and I found a loose wire on starter solenoid but it wasn't rpm related it just happened. This issue is rpm related because any rpm below 2500 and it runs perfect just a little rich.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Supposedly there factory sized injectors and there is no tuning on it right now. I tried to put a superchip micro tuner on it but where my pcm has been replaced and it was flashed to the original pcm it wont let me tune the truck now. I do also have an edge revolver 6 position tuner that I will thro on it tomorrow to see if that helps.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Well I may have found the issue behind the hesitation I had a loose connection on the small wire for the alternator. Plus my negative battery cable doesn't look like its tight there's a good 1/8th" gap between the top of the post and the top of the cable terminal. As of right now I got to run to parts store anyway to try to get some hooks for my new seat covers so I'll borrow their rubber mallet and whack that terminal down some more.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
When I drive sometimes I hear a pop that comes from what sounds like the bell housing area. And I've lost cruise control and my radio my cruise just stopped working after I hit a hard bump and on my way to my vacation my radio went into protect mode.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
So I agree with Lincoln locker and it is a bad ground or a short. I have found a broken ground wire strap but it's on the passenger side hood hinge. Would that one cause all of my problems or is there something else?

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I think my alternator is shot so I'm gonna replace it today and then when I get home turn mine in for warranty then take the one I get today back and get my money back. Reason being is I got the one on my truck now from orielly auto parts and there's no orielly auto parts store where I'm on vacation at which is hedgesville wv

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Ok guys so I did some tach watching as I was doing some high gear wot pulls this morning from idle to near 2500rpm it runs fine no issues at all but once you get to 2500 rpm it starts out kinda gently (roughly 70) but then as I got to 75 mph the hesitation gets more often and will shake the entire truck but as I push past it I get to 3000 rpm (410 gears with a zf5) it goes away at 3000 rpm and doesn't come back until the 3500 rpm mark any clue as to what is going on? I need some help before anything breaks.

Latest posts

Members online