Evans waterless coolant

CAT35niner

Reaction score
No prob. Just remember to flush the system out with distilled water and drain the block and back flush the heater core. Get all the coolant out before you put it in. Don't want to contaminate this stuff at that price. When you drill the hole in your cap the remaining water will boil and evaporate out of the system. Just keep adding til the level stops going down. Then your good. It took mine a couple days to find a happy level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Thanks guys for posting this..

One question:

I currently am using one of those coolant filters.

You think it would be a good idea to leave in to ensure no more sand?

Thanks!

Yea you can leave it. I've been running mine for two years. Should be nothing in the system by now. But I leave it on just in case. I don't need any issues.

grimrippy23

Reaction score
quick question. I have a leaking radiator right now that I am waiting to fix over the summer when I can make some more money, hard to work a lot when going to college, but I was wondering if I should go this route instead of getting an aftermarket radiator? Since it runs at 0 psi the plastic tanks should be okay right? I want it cause of the other parts of the system it helps last longer but I can't afford aftermarket radiator and to put this coolant in too. Trying to save money while keeping my truck healthy at the same time

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Depends on where it's leaking. Gotta remember the weight of the coolant pushing down on a crack or loose crimp on the tanks it still will leak. I had a couple leaks cause of a loose clamps and it leaked just from the weight of the coolant.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
If you get a stock one and put Evans in it you won't have any issues. Thought you meant using the same one.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
I just bought a Mishimoto rad and it was only 100 bucks more than an OEM. if your really in a pinch for cash maybe a rad shop can fix yours for cheap, or you can find one at a junk yard. After that, switching to the Evans should keep it from leaking due to the lack of pressure. I would NOT waste the $300 bucks on the Evans if your rad is leaking now though.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Food for thought....

How would you tell if you had blown gaskets? Would the coolant still puke/blow out the hole/ top of degas bottle?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Food for thought....

How would you tell if you had blown gaskets? Would the coolant still puke/blow out the hole/ top of degas bottle?

It would still puke out cause it's pressure forcing it out. Small hole can't let large amounts of pressure out quickly. Or you can use a combustion gas tester.

B585Ford

Reaction score
It would still puke out cause it's pressure forcing it out. Small hole can't let large amounts of pressure out quickly. Or you can use a combustion gas tester.

You disappeared after Sandy for a long time....good to see you back. What did you end up doing for the clutch....last time I heard you were going to swap the older version 3850 for the newer version.

Sorry for the derail.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
You disappeared after Sandy for a long time....good to see you back. What did you end up doing for the clutch....last time I heard you were going to swap the older version 3850 for the newer version.

Sorry for the derail.

Lol yea I had some time off from here. Had to take care of a bunch of things. Good to be back tho. Things have changed a lot. But I ended up going with the new slipper style 3850. Works well but makes horrible noises letting out. Get a lot of looks.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Lol yea I had some time off from here. Had to take care of a bunch of things. Good to be back tho. Things have changed a lot. But I ended up going with the new slipper style 3850. Works well but makes horrible noises letting out. Get a lot of looks.

Thanks. Does it shift any quicker?

Latest posts

Members online