95 f350 7.3 cold shifting e4od problems

USMC95Powerstroke

Reaction score
I don't know where to start with this issue. This morning I went to take my daughter to her band concert and its a chilly morning 39 degrees. We left the driveway and it didn't want to shift, when it did it kept kicking back down and then catching itself. It did this the entire 5 miles to her school. I could go over 40mph and its 55 mph. It wasnt till on the way back thatbi was able to shift into overdrive, but then I went up a hill and it kicked again. Ive changed fluid in trans maybe a month ago and changed the vss on the diff. I need a direction to go. Please help.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The first step is to read the codes. The places that read codes free CANNOT read these codes. You could do it with Forscan, or a good independent shop, or a Ford dealer.

Your problem may be the Exhaust Back Pressure Valve (EBPV.) This valve closes in cold weather to block the exhaust and help warm up the engine quicker. If it sticks it will cause very low engine power. This has the effect of making the transmission shift very late, or even not shift.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Unplug the ebpv and see if it still does it. It forces it in default which is open all the time... as long as it isnt stuck...

But as mark said, codes need read.

live life full throttle

USMC95Powerstroke

Reaction score
There are no codes, I've plugged it up to three readers, and 2 were live data, and nothing. This is why I'm so lost because I have nothing to go off of

Latest posts

Members online