Leaking HPOP reservoir

96PSD

Reaction score
Sealing HPOP reservoir. I had to replace my HPOP due to it being stripped out. I removed the reservoir and bought a new gasket. I cant seem to stop it from leaking. I have tried re sealing it several times. It leaks at the same spot every time. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20191223_124513.jpg
    20191223_124513.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69

CJunkie

Reaction score
Is it actually leaking or is it just maybe leftover oil that was in the bolt holes?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

96PSD

Reaction score
Is it actually leaking or is it just maybe leftover oil that was in the bolt holes?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Its leaking. After a little drive I could see air being forced out of the gasket in the form of little bubbles and oil in the valley.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Assuming everything is flat and not warped, you got a new gasket and all bolts correct length and torque?

96PSD

Reaction score
Assuming everything is flat and not warped, you got a new gasket and all bolts correct length and torque?

Yes the gasket is a new Ford F6TZ-6619-AA non screened. And the bolts seem correct. I think that is the next step checking for flatness. I put the cover on with out the gasket and it did not rock at all in any direction. But next I will check both side with a straight edge. The first few times I torqued to the book specs of 18lbft but in the picture I attached it was torqued to 20lbft because I figured I had to try something.

Last edited:

96PSD

Reaction score
I got a new gasket and some Ford RTV delivered today. Tomorrow morning I will install it and see if the leak is resolved after giving the RTV a day to cure.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Really don’t need RTV on the o ring gasket. You used that all the times before?

Latest posts

Members online