Electrical Ground Map

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Does anyone have, or have a link to, a ground map for the OBS?

97 specifically...?

JCart

Reaction score
What is the issue? For clarification you are looking for wiring schematics showing where various grounds are located on the body/frame? 4x4 in CCSB is a beauty version, as far as I know they where only manufactured for 96/97, but I’m thinking schematics for LB and SB should be very close.
There used to be some on TheDieselStop but I couldn’t located them. Also had a Ford CD at one time with all that data on it but it’s not comparable anymore and I don’t use/have a drive anymore.... I did a search here, TheDieselStop and PSN and the links are all old and/or nothing came up. Did a google search and a host of diagrams came up, if you are looking for schematics I’d check there.
Lastly shoot Patrick Feeley a request on here or on PSN... Patrick is excellent and most helpful.
j

Last edited:
Reaction score
I want to say there are like 13 separate diagrams for grounds (there's a lot anyway). They just diagrams too. The EVTM might list locations as well, but that would also be a lot of "pages" to post! Best bet might be to find a copy of the EVTM. Cheers!

Reaction score
In the 97 EVTM, the Ground diagrams will show the ground circuits and termination numbers (and associated connectors and diagram references for the other systems circuits). The ground terminations are also shown in the various full cab, behind dash, engine compartment, etc. location views (gets you in the general area) and a list with number and approximate location description (don't know how all-inclusive it is). Cheers!

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Multiple issues...

Batteries drain, can’t find a component causing draw so I’m thinking bad ground.

Also, truck cuts out intermittently during acceleration. Sometimes so bad I’m worried about u-joints, sometimes not at all.

Needs some love.

Reaction score
A bad ground usually won't cause a draw. Put a meter inline from the battery positive lead. Note what the draw is. Start pulling fuses until the draw goes down. That will be the circuit that the draw is on. Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online