guages, power windows, radio.. dying out briefly???

BigBlak

Reaction score
driving down the road and notice my guages are all dead as if the truck is not even running.. first time I noticed.. it lasted about 1 minute or so! It only did it once that day but since then has became more and more frequent but usually the spells only last 30 seconds to a minute! Truck runs fine the guages and other stuff in the truck just completely shut off. I’m sure there’s a thread on here about this but someone help me out!!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
So basically you might need a new cluster or sent yours in to get rebuilt. I do a couple a year

ghohouston

Reaction score
On my 02 7.3, the alternator ended up fixing this issue. Not sure if you have the 01-04 cluster, or the 05- up. I've replaced more of the 05- up clusters in my time. I assume in my case, the voltage regulator on the alt was failing. It only happened when it was really cold (for Texas) outside. Alt was replaced for a high output unit. Not due to "failing" but did notice this fixed the issue.

bismic

Reaction score
My 06 has been doing it once or twice a year for quite a few years. Turning on the headlights promptly restores everything. Just haven't seen the need for a rebuild on it yet.

Last edited: