08 6.4l f-250 king ranch heater core swap

kazecode

Reaction score
So im about to change my heater core out, it cant wait any longer it finally started leaking real bad. So i have the manual that shows how to do it. My question is do i really need to discharge my a/c system like it says?? I just got it filled 2 months ago, anyone had any luck at changing one out without disconnecting the ac condenser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Its not yhe condenser, its the evaporator thats the issue. The dash has to come out, then the entire heater/ac box to get the heater core out. And yes it does need to be recovered.

kazecode

Reaction score
Yeah my bad i meant to say evaporator, not condenser. Well damn i was really hoping i could get away without having to discharge the ac system. Ill be tackling this project once my new heater core gets here and i can bribe a buddy to come help me move the dash. Ill take pictures along the way if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TjMiller

Reaction score
Does a leaky core give off a funky smell when heat/act is on?
I have a sort of chemical smell when the blower is on and noticed the condensate running from the drain is a milky white. Only thing I could figure is that is the white powder left after the coolant dries. Can't decide what to do seems like only option is to pull it and se what is going on. Any way to get into the heater box to see without pulling everything?

Latest posts

Members online