Killed with gas

6speedsd

Reaction score
What would one be looking at if someone filled the tank with gas, then ran it until it quit? Supposedly the tank was drained and diesel put back in but now it won't crank (shocker). I'm guessing injectors would be toast, but what else would be screwed up? This is a 04 model that could be bought CHEAP. Just tossing around the idea of a flip depending on how extensive the issues could be. I've never laid eyes on the truck...just a local CL ad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Not cranking has nothing to do with the gas. Reman or replacement engine and be done with it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I would see if it can be spun with a breaker bar first, gas won't make it not crank as said before we bought a truck a couple years ago that was said to need injectors etc/egr/hg and it ended up having gas in the diesel , almost a full tank not sure what the ratio was but drained and refilled and the truck was fine

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
As stated, not cranking more tgan likely has nothing to do with the gas issue... Seen a bunch that have been run for who knows how long on gas, and were fine, aside from an innector or two or so going out relatively quickly. Maybe they killed the batteries cranking it too mich? :shrug:

6speedsd

Reaction score
Well I'd imagine they didn't tell the whole story in the ad....just that it was ran until it died. If I were to guess I'd probably say they killed the FICM or something along those lines after draining the batteries repeatedly trying to fire it. I could get it for probably $1500....CC 4x4, Lariat I think, FX4 package. 200k miles. Looked to be in decent shape. I could flip it easy...hard part is talking the missus into owning another 6.0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Well I'd imagine they didn't tell the whole story in the ad....just that it was ran until it died. If I were to guess I'd probably say they killed the FICM or something along those lines after draining the batteries repeatedly trying to fire it. I could get it for probably $1500....CC 4x4, Lariat I think, FX4 package. 200k miles. Looked to be in decent shape. I could flip it easy...hard part is talking the missus into owning another 6.0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

She should be able to convinced with the 3/5k you should be able to make on it LOL

6speedsd

Reaction score
Exactly! Around here, in good shape they are selling high teens to low 20's (which blows my mind really), so even selling around 10-12 I'd double my money. Unless of course there is a lot more wrong with it.

She just hates a 6.0 because I've had to spend money on mine. She thinks you buy a vehicle, do oil changes/tires, and drive it until it breaks. Probably why the current one she drives is the first used vehicle she's ever owned. I'm going to see if dude will give a little more Info on the truck. More than likely he has no clue about a diesel, let alone a 6.0 so getting a straight answer will probably be impossible, and who knows if it ever got maintained.

jake74

Reaction score
My father in law put gas in his and it ran till he cut it off. Wouldn't refire. After draining it and refilling with diesel it ran but barely. The gas killed 3 injectors and the rest followed a few thousand miles later.

6speedsd

Reaction score
I passed on the truck. The guy/gal never would reply back to me about, and I found a bigger fish to make my next project. Found a 77 F100 that I'm going to get tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online