6.0 Cab Bolts

PVXCummins

Reaction score
Going to be pulling the cab in the coming weeks for head gaskets, injectors, etc. Good chance I will have to cut the heads off the bolts and lift the cab. Where can I get new cab bolts? Did a Google search but no concrete results. Anyone have parts numbers for them or are they strictly a Ford Factory part?

Thanks.

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
Why take the cab off. Go to YouTube and search 6.0 head gaskets, cab on!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
All they did is take drivers engine mount off and Jack passenger side up to get to the bolts and hoist head off

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
Search 2006 ford f350 6.0l head gaskets, there's a video taking them off and putting em back on with cab on

05wh250

Reaction score
I've got two that have regular bolts with lock nuts. Used the rest of the factory hardware, just had to cut the neck with the threads off the bottom piece.

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
To each their own, I would waste the time pulling the cab

imelmo

Reaction score

It only takes a couple hours to pull the cab. And if you're "fluffy" like me it makes things much easier.

PVXCummins

Reaction score

Very true. I don't mind the little bit of extra work to have some space to work on the 6.0. Plus ill be pulling the 6.0 anyway. Want to really check it over and i may possibility be replacing the oil pan. (Showing some signs of flaking)

We had the cab off my friend's 6.4 this weekend in a few hours with only 2 jacks and an engine crane. Some redneck ingenuity at its finest. :evil

PVXCummins

Reaction score
The cage nuts spin...

This ^^^^. Went through that yanking the 6.4 cab. Spun 2 of the cage nuts said fook it and cut the heads off. And i don't really trust myself with a torch around the rubber body bushings :lookaround:

dEmOnpwrstrk

Reaction score
I just try to do my homework before doing a job....that said, I've pulled heads and replaced, did blue spring and banjo update, 5" exhaust....all with cab on and prolly wouldn't have left cab on if I hadn't seen the video on it

PVXCummins

Reaction score
And back to our regularly scheduled program and original question....... Where can I course new cab bolts and nuts?

sootie

Reaction score
sunrise ford in the vendor section. post in their thread.

jake74

Reaction score
Just goffing around you can have the cab up in 3 hours. Worst part is getting that heavy ass back seat out to access rear bolts. I could see where it might be a pain if the truck has been in the rust belt it's whole life. Cab up makes it so nice and it's much easier on the old back lol.

webb06

Reaction score
We never have any trouble
with 6.0 cab bolts. 6.4 is a different story.

Take the rear seat out and pull the carpet back to access the bolts under the rear passengers feet. A good impact will pull them right out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online