Green Tune for my 2013 6.7L

shebert27

Reaction score
What I want to do to this truck (right now) is I have an S&B cold air intake that in my truck now. This motor only has 42K miles on it in 4 years. She still has a power train warranty so going full ****** (again right now) is out the question. So what I want to do is get one of the "Green" "*** On" tuners for my truck to gain a bit more power and maybe some mpg increase (knowing I won't see much gain here). I'm not a red light racer and I don't go to the track. But if I need to get out my own way or pass that grandpa moving real slow on the two lane, I want the power to be there when needed.

So what can you suggest for me? I ran on my '09 truck, the H&S Minimaxx with their Hot Tunes and also had KEM Performance (now KEM Diesel) customer tunes and was super happy both ways. I looked at KEM's site again and talked to Mike recently, but that's my extend so far. Does anybody suggest him and the X4 with maybe the SCT2 Insight to watch the gauges or maybe innovation with the same setup?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and give me your honest feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Give Mike your budget and your credit card number. He will exploit them both and you will be very happy.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I ran the KEM Green tunes on mine before it went on the Jenny Craig Diet. Truck ran horrible, got terrible fuel mileage, had a wicked turbo surge and the trans tried to rip itself apart. On the dyno it made less power than the H&S stock tunes. The owner treated me like it was my fault his crappy tunes didn't work.

I couldn't get my money back or those KEM green tunes off fast enough.

Truck is lighter now and running g3arhead tunes. It's a very happy truck.

In my experience, you would be way better off with anyone else's tune but KEM.

maxxedout

Reaction score
I had a similar experience with the "green" tunes. The truck didn't run right, transmission shifting was brutal, and the turbo was all over the place. (Spiking to 37 psi on a stock SST was not something I was comfortable with.) I'm sure there are plenty of people who have had good luck with the "green" tunes, but I was not one of them. I ended up putting the truck back to stock and then loading generic H&S off road tunes a few weeks later. GH has pretty decent 11-14 tunes, and his default transmission file is perfect. For anything custom, I wouldn't use anyone other than Midwest. I have yet to talk to someone that has a better understanding of these trucks than Morgan. Just my two cents though... I've been tuned since 25k with 145k on the clock now.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep .. those tunes leave a lot to be desired. We use in n o v a t i v e , and haven't had any complaints.

Latest posts

Members online