2wd Superduty Build- Need input and pics

superdutyman97

Reaction score
So here's what the 05 looks like as it sets right now. I'm looking at over the next year getting it where I want it. I'm running stock wheels this time and wrapping them with 420s, but I'm looking to go up to a 20" wheel hopefully. What would look go as far as 20s go? I'd also like to lay it out a little more level, and don't know where to start. Can I just pull a block or a leaf from the rear to get it level or somewhere closer to level? Harley lights are next on the easy list and it'll have new mirrors as of Monday. Pics of lowered/leveled trucks would be great. I just don't what direction to go with it yet.
[email protected]

PDT1081

Reaction score
So here's what the 05 looks like as it sets right now. I'm looking at over the next year getting it where I want it. I'm running stock wheels this time and wrapping them with 420s, but I'm looking to go up to a 20" wheel hopefully. What would look go as far as 20s go? I'd also like to lay it out a little more level, and don't know where to start. Can I just pull a block or a leaf from the rear to get it level or somewhere closer to level? Harley lights are next on the easy list and it'll have new mirrors as of Monday. Pics of lowered/leveled trucks would be great. I just don't what direction to go with it yet.
[email protected]

Your pictures didn't show up. I'm not sure on the 05s, but my 99.5 doesn't have any blocks in the rear. Your best option there is probably a shackle drop.

superdutyman97

Reaction score
Stupid phone didn't copy what it was supposed to. Here it is:
1361070468.jpg

Last edited:

superdutyman97

Reaction score
Guess it should've been specified that it'll also get a set of studs and and some other goodies this summer. Probably a powermax, 155's, and a regulated return. Didn't really think of it at first because I want to start with cheaper upgrades like wheels and tires and mirrors and whatever other cosmetic upgrades I feel like while I bank money for the big part of it. I don't need an 800 horse street truck so the biggest majority of "my" build will be making the truck look like I want it to.

superdutyman97

Reaction score
Your pictures didn't show up. I'm not sure on the 05s, but my 99.5 doesn't have any blocks in the rear. Your best option there is probably a shackle drop.
Good deal, I wasn't even sure about how the rear suspension was set up and it's only 18 degrees at the moment. I'll have to look into a shackle kit and crawl around under it when it's warmer. I'd like to build a decent set of traction bars eventually too, I just want the suspension done before hand so I'm not doing the same thing twice.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Cody that looks slick. I just picked up an ex/sb 2wd. I'd like that stance with a set of factory 08 rims
What did you do for lowering it suspension wise ?

GCncsuHD

Reaction score
2000 2wd F250, stock front, rear has shackles and spring clamps to bring it down a tad, eventually will do the DJM 3/5, stock 08+ 20s with 285/55R20s and 2" spacers to even up the track width.
IMG_20130125_171146_439.jpg

Cody6405

Reaction score
That's sharp, lays out real nice. What did you use to drop it? I want to be somewhere close to that I think rather than just leveled.

Cody that looks slick. I just picked up an ex/sb 2wd. I'd like that stance with a set of factory 08 rims
What did you do for lowering it suspension wise ?

I used a DJM 3/5 kit, install wasnt bad took a buddy and I a day to do it in his driveway.

byyoudawg

Reaction score
was wondering with the DJM 3/5 drop do you have to remove the block or a leaf spring, have a 05 f-250 work body, have a 5 drop in the rear but want to go lower, what can I do? i'm getting DJM I-Beams for the front

Latest posts

Members online