Cts 2 back up camera

theronbt

Reaction score
What is everybody running as a back up cameras on cts2? I have saw some posts saying you can use a cheaper camera then the one edge has.

Lipka101

Reaction score
Yep. I got mine on ebay. $15 iirc
I have the cts but im pretty sure it's the same video input cable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Koda22

Reaction score
Yea I'd like a little more info on this....have a back camera up to the radio, but would like to do a front mount camera on the edge is possible....easier parking.....but I've only got the original edge

Reaction score
Don't have a camera now. I would really like one for backing up to trailers instead of getting out 4-5 times to see where I'm at. If the camera is only $12 and reliable it seems like this is the route to go.

GregW

Reaction score
I'm not using it with a CTS, but when I installed my radio I used this camera:

http://www.amazon.com/Esky-EC170-06...&qid=1460463826&sr=8-6&keywords=backup+camera

It was $20. This is the one with the parking guidelines. They offer the exact same camera without them. Picture quality is great for a backup camera, and it does pretty decent in low light as well. I have mine wired so that it's on anytime the truck is on so I can view the camera anytime I want. Been setup this way for a year now without any problems. It's perfect for backing into tight parking spots or hooking up to trailers.

GregW

Reaction score
I'll grab a few pics after work. I bought the OEM Ford emblem for the tailgate that has a place for the camera. I think it ran me around $60, plus the $20 for the camera listed above. A lot cheaper than the $300 the dealer wanted for the emblem and OEM camera.

GregW

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to post the pics when I got off work. Here's a few.

adc0e7fe88d161c530c43e70c15de26a.jpg

73e57d0674233c973077b9b022329f2b.jpg

e14b2418b9bf575e2724c85da51675d8.jpg

6f46c3e8f8c5e457c21a13403be8aebc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregW

Reaction score
The only issue with mine is you can see the top edge of the emblem in the frame. I just need to tweak the bracket to fix that. But I just use mine for hooking to trailers and getting in tight spots, so it's not an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lipka101

Reaction score
Sorry just saw this. Mine looks similar to that on my edge cts.
I pulled the factory camera out of the tailgate handle. The one I posted in the link is a little smaller so I had to do some redneck engineering, I wrapped enough black electrical tape around to hold it in place then put a bead of Silicon around it on the back side for a more permanent solution, and last I got some black gasket maker to clean up around the outside edge.

I'm sure I could have fabbed up some kind of bracket to hold it in place but it's been well over a year and I haven't had any issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ordered my camera today. Question I have it when you have it plugged into the the cts will it automatically come up and turn on when you put the truck in R or is there some other options that need to be switched on the cts?

nighthawk285

Reaction score
When using a CTS/CTS2 you only need to make the connection and it'll automatically go to the camera screen since it reads gear position through the OBD2 port. I have mine in the handle....very handy for making trailer connections

Latest posts

Members online