Single cab street truck build

thewrubelator

Reaction score
The time has come to create a thread for my trucks build progress. She's an early 2004 6.0 RCLB 4x4. I've had a S366 and 250/100s on it since October 2015. Recently, I found low compression on #6, which has lead me to building the truck up stout and make some big power.

i took apart the motor last night to find #4 and #6 piston decks with valve prints, a bent pushrod, and a potentially bent intake valve. Cylinder walls are great thankfully.

The build list will consist of:

-Carrillo Connecting Rods (ordered)
-Mahle OEM Pistons (Ceramic coated de-lipped, open bowl, decked .010", .040" reliefs)
-new valves
-Elite Diesel Valvesprings
-Elite Diesel Stage 1x cam
-Manton 3/8" pushrods (in hand)
-Manton Lifters (in hand)
-S369SXE (in hand)
-CSF Intercooler (in hand)
-Aluminum Radiator (in hand)
-Efans (in hand)
-JGS 50mm gate (in hand)
-bump my injectors up to 285/100
-NX kit with 375 solenoid, probably start with a .60 jet (in hand)
-Harrington Diesel turbo feed line adapter
-OEM gasket/bearing rebuild

thewrubelator

Reaction score
My plan is to to have a consistent low 11sec street mannered truck (for now). I daily drive it (for now). I move back to Michigan next month, so once I am situated I will be doing a s500 or GT55 as a primary, unsure of size yet. End goal of this build is going to be mid to low 10sec "street truck".

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the truck and the progress so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 301

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Yup it's a long bed. It should be stout with the setup I'll be running for now. Should have no problem cutting 1.4 '60 and touching low 11s. I'll have the fuel to do it, and the spray to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thewrubelator

Reaction score
As long as I don't hop, I should be able to cut that. I did 1.5-1.6 '60s last year with stock fuel and air on 15psi launches. Might have to do some adjustable shocks in the rear to keep from sinking to much. I'll have the spray on a WOT pedal switch, so should get out of the hole quick. We will see in September! I've never ran on Milan, but I'd expect it to be a hell of a lot better prep than Sacramento raceway out here.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Yeah I could never get my orange truck to 60' as well as my stock turbo truck. Even a 1.5-1.6 would yield you some good fuel only numbers with the 369.

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Ya I remember you struggling with that a bit. Still 11.9 ain't no slouch! My convertor is pretty loose, I built 20 standing on the brakes so we will see. I just can't wait to drive it again. Ist been problematic the last couple months, and now this. Ready to drive it again.

Latest posts

Members online