Found Dustin's Old Truck

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
and bought it!

a handful of people have known about this project since we bought this truck back in October! But it was time that we got ourselves our own truck to and got into the competition.

The short story I have wanted to build a dedicated race truck for a couple of years and wanted to buy Dustin's truck since he listed it for sale a couple of years ago. I was finally able to talk the guys into the idea, tracked down where this truck ended up (thanks to Airfish) found out that nothing had happen to it in years so we pulled the trigger and in October we bought the truck.

IMG_1926_zpsrozxbhu7.jpg

The plans originally started out simple, then got way out of hand. after buying 3 "buildable motors" and all 3 being complete junk, we were able to get out hands on a brand new ford block (not a reman thanks to a good friend and member on here)

IMG_3602_zpsnuratnzb.jpg

after the block, our friends up at Street Diesel Performance got us set up with a set of fly cut/coated Mahle Pistons, a river city stage 4 cam, springs and push rods for this thing. The motor was sent out to our machine shop 1/3 filled block, we went with a set of carrillo rods, and they fully balanced the entire assembly. We also had them fully port and polish a set of heads, as well as a set of O-rings.

IMG_3929_zps4yzojqou.jpg

IMG_3938_zpstqbkaidg.jpg

IMG_3939_zpsyfoqvxhu.jpg

IMG_3943_zpsej2cmjru.jpg

IMG_3946_zpsmyqutizs.jpg

IMG_3979_zps7svhb9wu.jpg

IMG_3981_zpsybnmlzdo.jpg

studs, front rear cover ect, as well as a new HPFP from ford were all put on, and it was finally time (after way to long) to get the truck in the shop and the cab off

IMG_3982_zpstrlb5fbd.jpg

IMG_4030_zpsc3j6kbjn.jpg

IMG_4035_zpszgfnwgpy.jpg

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
put the new block in the truck,

IMG_4039_zpstyxj26jt.jpg

Now for the fun stuff
truck got an Elite Fuel bowl ****** and fuel cooler, an RCD cp3 dual fueler kit, SDP ported fuel rails, and a set of 150 nozzles from RCD

Craig also made us a custom dual gate single turbo pedestal to accommodate the 2 precision gates planned for this thing

IMG_4064_zpsxj95brsr.jpg

Ported intake manifold from stainless diesel (don't want to talk about the terrible powder coat color)

IMG_4065_zpsp6bcallh.jpg

IMG_4074_zpsekqefrkd.jpg

IMG_4078_zpsbrkwfkvh.jpg

Then we finally added the s476SXE
IMG_4097_zpsthkanpwe.jpg

IMG_4099_zpsml6rsvhn.jpg

IMG_4107_zpsovp81jrs.jpg

IMG_4110_zpsnvz2dhwp.jpg

IMG_4111_zpst5mohkrs.jpg

with the motor in the truck almost all together, a stock 5r trans in the truck, cab got lowered back down and started buttoning up all the odds and ends (mpd oil plate, mount the filter housings, remove the ac, mout the coolers ect)

IMG_4112_zpsy57twngn.jpg

IMG_4114_zps04zy1xlm.jpg

mishimoto radiator, mishimotor intercooler SDP hot side pipe all go in

IMG_4117_zpseqs0h26s.jpg

IMG_4118_zpsycudinlz.jpg

everything in and done, loaded some h&s files, and for the first time in what I gathered was atleast 2 years this truck started up and drove under its own power. 20 feet outside the door of the shop

IMG_4123_zpsohneexyh.jpg

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
last piece of this puzzle was the transmission. which was all up to craig at MPD who after multiple back and forth we decided a 48re was the only way to go. so after we got the truck running, our job was done and we sent the truck down (thanks to Corsilli for trailering it down there for us) to MPD and let the guys go at it. Craig and his guys got the trans put in, and we got the truck back from them (again thanks to mike for bringing it back) sunday morning! finally time to get the motor broken in, and finish up the items still left which include a fuel cell, nitrous system, a new exhaust setup, brakes, tuning, gauges and some other details.

decided to put some miles on it sunday so we put it to work

IMG_4657_zpsefazdzgx.jpg

IMG_4664_zpsk8x4niyh.jpg

moved a trans down to the shop, met up with mike who dropped of some goodies of his own for his truck, things were great with this truck, motor ran smooth (for box tuning) trans shifted perfect, lockup worked great, just easing around town getting some miles on it, 20 to be exact.

and then.....

on my way home from the shop this guy decided to run a red light
IMG_4666_zps4py92v61.jpg

his car not so lucky, but the truck looks to be fine, we started it back up after the cops were all done, and drove it over to my buddies body shop. all the damage seems to be cosmetic from what we can see so far, so some new sheet metal, some front end work, and well be back on the road again maybe for more then 1 day next time.

IMG_4671_zpsv1soyk9m.jpg

but we have high hopes for this truck for the little bit of the season we have left, and hoping to have a great time next season with it once we get everything worked out.

the specs:
fully built bottom end
rcd 150 nozzles
s476sxe
dual stage nitrous system from NX
48RE

sootie

Reaction score
so pumped to see a fresh build...so pumped to see a cool truck stay in the psa family...so sad to see that damage...

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
ive known about this dirty little secret for awhile, glad to see it hit the streets, not get hit in the streets though,

on a side note why did you take a picture of people making out in the background ?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I'm with Ron. Can I ask, why such big injectors for a single s476?

we have plans for more engine upgrades, and we can always pull back the fuel, I didn't want to run short with this truck,

ive known about this dirty little secret for awhile, glad to see it hit the streets, not get hit in the streets though,

on a side note why did you take a picture of people making out in the background ?

didn't even notice that until you mentioned that haha

BOSS450

Reaction score
I'm with Ron. Can I ask, why such big injectors for a single s476?

So that when your truck is being dumb and only wants to go to 1.2 Pulsewidth instead of 2.29 you'll still have enough fuel to run 6.70s.... Ask me how I know haha

And this is awesome! Glad to see another regular cab 6.4 in the crowd of crewcabs. I'm interested to see how this turns out!

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I think the air freshener hanging from the rear view really sets this truck off.

Can't wait to see it hit the track Mark!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Damn that poor truck can't catch a break on that right side. Glad to see the damage is minimum. Did the cop say anything about the cage? Lol

Glad to see its running that transmission is what that truck needed when I owned it.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Damn that poor truck can't catch a break on that right side. Glad to see the damage is minimum. Did the cop say anything about the cage? Lol

Glad to see its running that transmission is what that truck needed when I owned it.

Whs, did it raise any eyebrows?

He walked around the truck stopped and laughed, walked over and said it is registered and insured right.....handed him my information and never asked a question

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm sure it was fine I got followed by cops several times and nothing came of it. Drive it like an adult and all is good

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I'm sure it was fine I got followed by cops several times and nothing came of it. Drive it like an adult and all is good

fortunately it was a local cop who was there first, we know most of them so I wasn't too concerned.

heres a little update on it, waiting for police report to be released so we can get the insurance end of things together. In the mean time Flight Fab is getting us out a set of 4 link bars for the front, we have the fuel cell, the nitrous kit and the exhaust are all at the shop ready to go in. Body shop said 3 days once we give the go ahead to get this thing done, we have our event September 10th so hopefully it will get done in time, then diesel nationals the following weekend which i'm hoping to run at so well see how it goes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.