Setting up a new base tune

brewster

Reaction score
I pulled the canned tunes from my h&s and of course its getting way to much fuel for the single non vgt. Trying to get it to spool is a smokey mess so i parked it right away to eliminate ring wash. so far in the tune i shut off the vgt and changed the vein positions to wide open all the time. at this point im curious what tables will be best to pull / add fuel. Im guessing pre and main injection.

brewster

Reaction score
most of its in the sig. stock k16, bd diesel manifolds and up pipes, sxe 369,50 hp ddp injectors, cut, coated, de lipped pistons, custom 4" cold air. H&S mini max

Kind

Reaction score
I'm going to guess you don't have enough fuel.

When tuning my truck from the base hd 300 it started out laggy and smokey. I thought I had to pull fuel and the more I pulled the worse it got. So I went the other way. Now the turbos light faster and clean up better. It has been quite a while since I've looked at my tunes so I can't tell you exactly what I did. I'll go take a look in a bit.

But I'm guessing that 369 of yours needs a "bump" start. Try ramping up the load a bit. So for example at 10% throttle your telling the motor it's at 200lbs/ft rather then 100lb/ft.

brewster

Reaction score
yea thats exactly what im experiencing so far. It has a lean stumble off the line and will spool and get going no problem but if i let off and try to get it to spool again if the converter is locked its a smokey mess. i do agree it needs a little fuel off the line. if i go approx 25% off the line it goes ok. if i go 50% off the line its a smokey mess.

brewster

Reaction score
bumping up the load im guessing is done in the torque tables? pedal position to auto / high ?

ckrueg

Reaction score
When the converter is locked your probably at too low of an rpm to spool. When starting off you hit 1500+rpms easily which will help spool. You definitely need a tune that keeps it in the gears at a higher speed

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

brewster

Reaction score
yup i was messing around with shift points and lock up tonight and it helped big time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.