E 250 engine vs f250

Irvin099

Reaction score
What's the difference between the motor out of the van an the one in the f250 I was told the ones in the vans are down tuned just wanted to know If i buy a engine out of a van. Thanks

ghohouston

Reaction score
The engine blocks and heads are the same. Oil pans should be the same, depends on what engine you're talking about asking about power differences.

Irvin099

Reaction score
I need a good 1999 -2003 engine .I see a lot of them for sale out of vans I heard they were down tuned I am new to all this lol

psduser1

Reaction score
The tuning is independent of the engine. The hard parts are the same, except the model year differences i.e. 15 or 17*hpop, and injectors differences.
The bracketc, and turbo/mounts are different, as well, but the longblocks are the same.

psduser1

Reaction score
I don't know for sure what injectors came in the vans, it's possible they are a different size.
The injectors size is only one factor in the power equation.

Irvin099

Reaction score
I don't know for sure what injectors came in the vans, it's possible they are a different size.
The injectors size is only one factor in the power equation.
Ok thanks I am just looking for a good engine to put in my truck or rebuild it whatever is cheaper lol

co04cobra

Reaction score
Tuning and injectors are the only things that denote a power difference. It's all going to depend on year as to what injectors and/or power rating. It's indifferent to the e-series or f-series.

If you're getting technical a later e-series with a nongated turbo, tuned right, would make more power.

You need a 99 up engine if you aren't going to swap your injectors to keep the same power you have now.

If you use just a long block and swap your parts over you will have the same power regardless of where the 7.3 comes from.

You will be money ahead to just get a used long block and roll. The E-series didn't get any different injectors then the F-series

Latest posts

Members online