Performance Injector Install Video

BustedKnuckleFilms

Reaction score
We have been doing Off Road Related tech videos for a while now at Busted Knuckle Films. We decided to start covering some Diesel Tech as well with our new Series called Tow Rig Tech. On this episode we are installing some 380hp single shot injectors into our 2002 7.3 Powerstroke. This seemed like a difficult task but really isn't that bad at all. :toast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj0NEfcJkbE

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
busted... knuckle... films...

totally not what I was expecting LOL

m j

Reaction score
so no one jumps on him for "380hp injectors" ???

one of the better BKF videos I have watched.

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
honestly, it doesnt matter at this point. I only made it in about 3 mins before the use of a 32 tooth 1/2 in ratchet to turn valve cover bolts was used

sootie

Reaction score
Any relation to the "bustedknuckles" on here already with a duramax that's faster than my powerstroke?

BustedKnuckleFilms

Reaction score
honestly, it doesnt matter at this point. I only made it in about 3 mins before the use of a 32 tooth 1/2 in ratchet to turn valve cover bolts was used

They are 13mm. I am not a professional mechanic and have never claimed to be. I learned as I went with this video. We just do these videos to show people that they can work on their own trucks with regular hand tools. And building an old diesel is way better than buying a new one.

good eye though on the 1/2" :thumbsup:

BustedKnuckleFilms

Reaction score

Oh I read that wrong. You were just giving me crap about my lack of fancy tools. If you know of a good cordless impact company that wants to donate one for us to use on the show I would be happy to speak with them. LOL :thumbsup:

m j

Reaction score
must be a mekanik to notice that it was a coarse 1/2 drive ratchet.
on the OBS the pass side cover gives me more grief then the DS.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I didnt really care. Maybe he can tune it to put out 380 max effort...

BustedKnuckleFilms

Reaction score
I didnt really care. Maybe he can tune it to put out 380 max effort...

That is what they are rated from Full Force. The race tune is 130hp over stock supposedly. I have no dyno proof though. So it is what it is.

They make a big difference towing. EGTs are lower and it pulls our 16' enclosed trailer easier than ever before. Hopefully we get some better mileage out of it.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Looks like they are 180/30s

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I think most have mistakenly taken this video the incorrect way. It is not trying to be a substitute for the ford service manual. It is just a great how to video with some good information on how to work on your truck and swap injectors. I appreciate the time and effort it takes to put together a good how to video. And trust me we all make mistakes when working on our junk! Calling tools the wrong name or dropping stuff into unreachable places it happens. You just put it on video so we get to hassle you about it. Oh and I really enjoy your utv racing and SRRS videos keep it up :thumbsup:

ja_cain

Reaction score
That actually wasn't a bad video for someone who doesn't wrench for a living. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Motomez

Reaction score
Nice job on the video. I was thinking about installing single shots to my 02 but was concerned with the extra noise. Once you have gotten all the air out of the system did they quiet down a little? Also have you seen any improvement in your mileage?
Thanks

Latest posts

Members online