F-350 Dually Brakes

Slowgt2003

Reaction score
What's up everybody. I don't post much just read a lot don't see the need to post whore like some of the members, or add useless banter. Anyways has anyone had a brake caliper deteriorate like this? Truck has right at 60k miles, and doesn't get drove a whole lot. I noticed a sound last week that sounded like the brakes were grinding and then came across this. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Attachments

• IMG_2641.jpg
    IMG_2641.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72

Zmann

Reaction score
What's up everybody. I don't post much just read a lot don't see the need to post whore like some of the members, or add useless banter.

nothing like asking for help by starting off with a huge insult

i know exactly what caused that caliper issue but i don't want to "banter on" out of respect for you

had to type something

Last edited:

Slowgt2003

Reaction score
No disrespect meant towards anyone just throwing it out there that I don't personally post a lot like some do just to be "posting". There is a lot of useful knowledges on this forum, thus the reason I joined but some folks post just to post. Sorry to ruffled any feathers.

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
nothing like asking for help by starting off with a huge insult

i know exactly what caused that caliper issue but i don't want to "banter on" out of respect for you

Respect huh... nice answer. It's not like the guy targeted YOU specifically. Maybe if you're feeling guilty about a random comment from a guy you don't even know you should take a break from posting?? (and reinforcing the op's original opinion) Oh and again way to help a guy when you know the answer.

Zmann

Reaction score
thanks for "your useless banter" thumpwalk

the OP sent me a PM were all good

Slowgt2003

Reaction score
Everything's good lol zmann didn't hurt my one feeling and I'm pretty certain I didn't hurt his. I've learned you have to have thick skin to hang round here. But he did pm me his knowledge so hopefully it'll be operational again this evening.

Zmann

Reaction score
The Army = thick skin ;-)

all ball busting aside ;-)
please post back with your results

Slowgt2003

Reaction score
So the driver side rotor looked good but the passenger side was fubar! The pad had worn unevenly and scared the rotor a little. I just had tires put on the truck recently and they "checked" the brakes and didn't report anything. Truck was driving and braking fine until the noise mentioned earlier was heard from the drivers side. So one more trip to the parts store for a set of rotors, a little wrenching, and some bleeeding and it was on the road again as of about 4 yesterday afternoon. Didn't snap any pics because we've all seen fresh brake installs but I'll try to post some pics of the rotors tonight or tomorrow. Amd thanks again to zmann for his insight and assistance with the technical questions I had which were answered via pm.

psduser1

Reaction score
So the driver side rotor looked good but the passenger side was fubar! The pad had worn unevenly and scared the rotor a little. I just had tires put on the truck recently and they "checked" the brakes and didn't report anything. Truck was driving and braking fine until the noise mentioned earlier was heard from the drivers side. So one more trip to the parts store for a set of rotors, a little wrenching, and some bleeeding and it was on the road again as of about 4 yesterday afternoon. Didn't snap any pics because we've all seen fresh brake installs but I'll try to post some pics of the rotors tonight or tomorrow. Amd thanks again to zmann for his insight and assistance with the technical questions I had which were answered via pm.

Did you replace any calipers? Check and regrease slide pins?
Otherwise, you'll be in the same boat, shortly.

Slowgt2003

Reaction score
Yes I replaced both calipers, rotors, and pads. The new/refurbished calipers came with new brackets and slide pins. They seemed to be pretty well greased but I'm defiantly going to keep check on them to hopefully prevent any future issues.

michaelite

Reaction score
The Army = thick skin ;-)

all ball busting aside ;-)
please post back with your results

You must be an ole timer because that is not the case any more :eek:fftopic:

But I had one disintegrate as I was resetting it.