New 6.7 Powerstroke Owner

PNWBlackPowerStroke

Reaction score
My name is Andrew and I live in Washington State. This is my first time owning a truck and I purchased a 2016 F350 6.7 Diesel. I love it and decided to join a forum so I can learn from more experienced truck owners. Look forward to being part of this site and possibly chatting with people here. :fordoval:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My name is Andrew and I live in Washington State. This is my first time owning a truck and I purchased a 2016 F350 6.7 Diesel. I love it and decided to join a forum so I can learn from more experienced truck owners. Look forward to being part of this site and possibly chatting with people here. :fordoval:

Welcome !!

Brian22

Reaction score
Welcome from Texas. I've been through Washington state a few times, beautiful part of the country up there.

PNWBlackPowerStroke

Reaction score
Welcome from Texas. I've been through Washington state a few times, beautiful part of the country up there.
Thanks Brian22. Yea it is beautiful up here as long as I avoid Seattle lol. I'm from South Carolina so it took some adjusting to get used to it. Texas is nice; I spent some time in gatesville. Really small but nice town. Have you ever been there before?

Brian22

Reaction score
Thanks Brian22. Yea it is beautiful up here as long as I avoid Seattle lol. I'm from South Carolina so it took some adjusting to get used to it. Texas is nice; I spent some time in gatesville. Really small but nice town. Have you ever been there before?

I've been through Gatesville a handfull of times. Can't say that I've spent any time there as I'm usually just passing through it.

PNWBlackPowerStroke

Reaction score
Well I made a rookie mistake I purchased new tires & they fit fine for the most part. However when going over any big bumps or offroading with the steering wheel fully cranked I hit the metal connection from the frame to the bumper. So time to call the shop by me and see what suspension lift kit would work well and how high the lift needs to be to clear.

I wanted to avoid doing a lift kit for now because I heard some dealerships will try and not do repair work to fix an issue if they can somehow say it was caused by this modification. Of course there is laws in place that state it has to be proven it directly affected by what you modified.

Anyone here that has a lift done run into any problems with their dealership with warranty work? Also I suppose I can just keep these wheels and wait till my warranty is up and put them back on later along with a lift. I can just purchase smaller wheels that fit without a lift. Anyways open to suggestions or comments in what you would do or have done in a similar situation; open to ideas and thoughts!!

08Monster

Reaction score
Well I made a rookie mistake I purchased new tires & they fit fine for the most part. However when going over any big bumps or offroading with the steering wheel fully cranked I hit the metal connection from the frame to the bumper. So time to call the shop by me and see what suspension lift kit would work well and how high the lift needs to be to clear.

I wanted to avoid doing a lift kit for now because I heard some dealerships will try and not do repair work to fix an issue if they can somehow say it was caused by this modification. Of course there is laws in place that state it has to be proven it directly affected by what you modified.

Anyone here that has a lift done run into any problems with their dealership with warranty work? Also I suppose I can just keep these wheels and wait till my warranty is up and put them back on later along with a lift. I can just purchase smaller wheels that fit without a lift. Anyways open to suggestions or comments in what you would do or have done in a similar situation; open to ideas and thoughts!!
What size tires, rims and offset?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PNWBlackPowerStroke

Reaction score
What size tires, rims and offset?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Nitto Mud Grappler's 35 Inch Tires
Wheels Fuel Maverick 17's.
Offset I can't find on the paperwork but the website has two possible ones either -24 or -12. Going to see if I can measure and find out myself what it is exactly.

T_W6.7

Reaction score
a leveling kit might take care of your rubbing issues, if not some precise trimming of the affected parts probably will

PNWBlackPowerStroke

Reaction score
Thanks T_W6.7. I did trim just a tad but my issue seems to be the medal part connected to the bumper. So when you turn the wheel right it rubs against that. I did look into spacers and I think that could be a good option. I read that with 35's a 4 inch lift is good and a 6 inch might be a big much for those size tires. Here is some pics of what I mentioned

Attachments

• 20170122_155826.jpg
    20170122_155826.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • 20170122_155852.jpg
    20170122_155852.jpg
    965.6 KB · Views: 48

T_W6.7

Reaction score
I would first try a nice leveling kit. There are plenty of vendors on here that would probably be more than happy to help you out. 4" lift might be ideal, but considerably more expensive, I have a 6" on 37" on 22x12's with a -44 offset so they stick out quite a ways with no rubbing issues at all. Every setup is different, but I think you could probably get a way with a leveling kit.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Welcome! Like already stated a leveling kit would probably be enough to clear. Best I can tell from the pics anyway. Post some pics of the whole truck!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

PNWBlackPowerStroke

Reaction score
I would first try a nice leveling kit. There are plenty of vendors on here that would probably be more than happy to help you out. 4" lift might be ideal, but considerably more expensive, I have a 6" on 37" on 22x12's with a -44 offset so they stick out quite a ways with no rubbing issues at all. Every setup is different, but I think you could probably get a way with a leveling kit.
I appreciate your feedback thanks T_W6.7 I will go to the shop next week and ask them about it. Yea I don't mind spending the money I just want to make sure its quality and do it right so I don't damage anything. But worse case I could get a 4 inch lift. Hate to give up the tires they are great. I was looking at Pro Comp 4 inch lift kit. What brand is your lift kit? Did you get the wheels and lift kit at the same time? If not did you notice any rubbing on the in the front of the tire when going over bigger bumps?

Jomax

Reaction score
Space the bumper forward with washers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
For people saying lift it. How does that help? On compression, the tire will be in the same area. Unless the OP doesn't plan on flexing at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNWBlackPowerStroke

Reaction score
Welcome! Like already stated a leveling kit would probably be enough to clear. Best I can tell from the pics anyway. Post some pics of the whole truck!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks 01pwrstkr

Attachments

• 20170106_165102.jpg
    20170106_165102.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
  • 20170108_113929.jpg
    20170108_113929.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 20170108_114222.jpg
    20170108_114222.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45