Wiring issue

Reaction score
Okay guys I have a 6.0 in my shop that I need some advice on.
Truck is a early 04
Background- truck had 205/100s and barder 71 now has stock both. The issue was the same in both scenarios.

Issue- at idle the motor sounds like timing is off and it's loading up on fuel. Bring the rpms up and it will eventually snap out of it and run smoothly. Even at idle the motor sounds smooth mechanically but is not injecting fuel properly. Every sensor on the engine reads within spec ( voltage and sensor value)
You unhook the IAT sensor and it seems to smooth out ever so slightly. You unhook the MAF sensor and it runs slightly better. You unhook the oil Temp sensor and it acts like it's going to run away???
It will act this way with the EOT sensor unhooked no with all other sensors hooked up as well as unhooking other sensor inputs in the motor.
We have swapped the pcm, the ficm, the inj, MAF sensor all with no change.

I know it something wiring related and was wondering if anybody has experienced this before and has a good starting point

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
Get a video of it running if possible. Did this start randomly or did it happen right after some mods were done or something?

Latest posts

Members online