06 stalls on ocassion

Aloe

Reaction score
Hi. New truck to me. Seems to stall randomly. Always restarts & runs well except for the ocassional stalling. Happens whenever I slow down, hit brakes, remove foot from accelerator quickly to apply brakes. And when cold shift to R/D.

Quick test the other day....foot on brake, shift to D and apply throttle. Gently release throttle. no stall. Quickly release throttle & instantly stalls. Always restarts. Revved engine to 1000 rpm

Aloe

Reaction score
Torque converter clutch stuck on? Any codes?

No codes, all stock. 72.5k miles. Runs great & strong. Except for the random stall.

What's a torque converter clutch? Odd question but this is only my second auto tranny in 25 years

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Torque coverter clutch locks the converter, basically taking out any "slip" in the converter. It is like having the clutch on a stick engaged. If the converter clutch is engaged, it will make the motor drop rpm too much when you stop, just like stopping a stick without pushing tye clutch in.

Aloe

Reaction score
Truck just dies. Like someone turned the key off. No stumbling or shudder

Aloe

Reaction score
I'll try that. It's on the passenger valve cover right? Monitoring system will be here Thursday. Hopefully know more when that arrives

Aloe

Reaction score
This was just after I started it. Still stalled. Gotta update software. Haven't unplugged the IPR valve yet. Storm coming in tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_0633.jpg
    IMG_0633.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 38

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Unplugging the ipr will cause it to not run. Do not do that... Have you or are you able to check fuel pressure?

Aloe

Reaction score
Unplugging the ipr will cause it to not run. Do not do that... Have you or are you able to check fuel pressure?

Sorry, I meant ICP. No I haven't ordered that yet. Just got the dashboss today.

Strange thing I saw on the monitor. When floored or accelerating hard, boost on the monitor drops to 0.0. Analog gauge still reads tho.

Also, once & the only time I've seen it. The rpms dropped to about 250, almost stalled then went back to normal. I was slowing & turning left. No misfires on the dashboss. I believe it was recording as well

Aloe

Reaction score
I haven't unplugged the ICP sensor yet. Been getting snow & rather busy. I did get the dashboss hooked up tho. I'll post some screenshots. I guess my biggest question is:

The tps sensor was reading -.06 volts. Now it reads 0.0. Never changes! Is that normal?

Aloe

Reaction score
Also, ficm dropped to 45 & 46 twice. And it through camshaft position sensor codes last night. Mil is off now. Cleared on its own

Attachments

• IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 37

Aloe

Reaction score
I unplugged ICP. While it initially seemed to run better & didn't stall under load. It did infact stall after a few minutes.

So, is there a hpop leak? Is there wire chatting? Is my ficm going bad? Monitor shows ficm dropped low a few times. 43, 44, 45.5 a few times.

Aloe

Reaction score
These are logs of when the ficm dropped to 43. Never saw it happen live.

Attachments

• IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 27

Aloe

Reaction score
And this one is of the actual stalling occurring!

Attachments

• IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 35

Aloe

Reaction score
Starting to think it's a wiring issue.

Hmm, I can't upload the video

Latest posts

Members online