Valve Springs

greyford1979

Reaction score
I've searched, but couldn't really find what I wanted. Gonna be doing new valve springs and pushrods this spring. I've read about many people running the comp cams springs. Any issues with them? Something better out there, like the Swamps springs? Not some big power truck, but it's still rolling the stock springs with almost 300,000 miles and higher boost.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Honestly no real power goals. Right now on 160/30 injectors and a KC38R turbo. Biggest I might go on injectors is 250/100.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I think you would be fine with 910s and smith bro pushrods. The beehive springs are quite a bit more money and not sure if they would be needed with that setup. Might can call swamps and get there take on it.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Yeah from what I read, seemed like most were happy with their 910s. Just wanted some opinions from people with experience with them. Thanks!

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Personally. I did beehives when I did head studs and push rods. Piece of mind. And not outrageous priced. I think ~300 from summit racing. Keeping My valve train together is worth that to me. Just my .02

freddie

Reaction score
So are comp cam 910's still the consensus pick? Looking to go with 180/80s and a BASB. Truck is a tow rig.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
People like 910s because they are cheap. You won't ever be able to sway people from them until they experience trouble. Most vendors will tell you they are junk. And not long after install will have less seat pressure then the stockers you pulled. Beehives seem to be the next affordable drop in option. People being competitive with their engines either evolved to Beehives, or the custom route.

Beehives cost ~300, and you can order them from summit racing.

I'll probably get flamed for this and that's fine. 910s are cheap. And that's why they are popular. Period.

freddie

Reaction score
And factory 7.3 valve seals..? I want to make sure it is spelled out clearly, for myself but for guys in the future too.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I bought mine from Carson Stauffer to make sure it was right. He didn't charge much more than summit racing. He's a good guy to talk to. He also got me my push rods.

freddie

Reaction score
Ok that's what I thought, but I had also seen talk of SBC valve seals, and Comp cams locators... So I wanted to be sure.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
There is a way to do that. And I think I'd found the part number. Carson just reassured me at the time the stock one woukd be fine. So I didn't pursue it further.

Latest posts

Members online