Fuel system options

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of swapping all my stock parts on my 97. I had a no start issue and narrowed it down to no fuel pressure. It hit me that this is a 2000 motor and does not have the lobe on the cam for the mech. Fuel pump.

What are my options? Ive been looking at the tightwad mod. I have a walbro fuel pump to use too. I'm Looking to go as CHEAP as possible so I can sell this truck. Can I feed the stock mech pump with the electric pump to keep the factory hard lines?

79jasper

Reaction score
But it's going to restrict flow.
And if the diaphragm busts it can fill the crankcase with fuel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
But it's going to restrict flow.
And if the diaphragm busts it can fill the crankcase with fuel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yea, about 5 gallons worth pretty quickly lol. Next question, will the srock FPR work with a e fuel pump?? Gonna get a Y and feed the heads.

superpsd

Reaction score
If the diaphragm burst I am not sure it would bleed into the crankcase. The diaphragm is on the upper level of the pump above the high pressure side of the pump. There is two weep holes on the pump. One for the low pressure and one for the high. Other than that just ditch the pump if you have no way to cam drive it. There is a fitting that bolts up to the banjo setup to replace the pump. As for the regulator either run an adjustable regulator or be a cheap way and modify the stock regulator.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If the diaphragm burst I am not sure it would bleed into the crankcase. The diaphragm is on the upper level of the pump above the high pressure side of the pump. Other than that just ditch the pump if you have no way to cam drive it. There is a fitting that bolts up to the banjo setup to replace the pump. As for the regulator either run an adjustable regulator or be a cheap way and modify the stock regulator.

It filled my crankcase. Where do I get that fitting they bolts to the banjo? Also, I already modded to stick regulator so I'm gonna use that if it'll work.

superpsd

Reaction score
The high pressure piston side does have a seal at the tappet that can blow. My pump just weeped out the weep holes and drained thru the valley drain hole. Found a picture of the fitting adapters.
1028111411.jpg

superpsd

Reaction score
I think a few vendors sell the fittings. They charge a ridiculous amount I see. I will not post them up since they are not vendors here. You will have to search. If you figure out the fitting sizes I bet you could buy them for under 10$. I think this is the part number for the banjo bolt adapter. #6404-12-08

Last edited:

haligen

Reaction score
I just bought mine off Amazon. 2 day prime for $13. Don't forget new crush washers.

274f36b688eb0dd7cdbebf174b226fe8.jpg

fe158c0e02bdbc37dd4760b724e655ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ended up using the 3/4" boss fitting and keeping the hard lines. I have about 70$ in this E fuel system. Had an old walbro pump and used the stock FPR.

jvc1990

Reaction score
gnxtc2,do you recall what type & size fittings you used to splice onto the factory supply & return fuel lines?it makes sence to use the factory fuel lines.beacuse some of these fuel kits you buy use a 3/8 supply & 5/16 return hose.which looks close to the factory fuel lines.thanks

haligen

Reaction score
I'm not gnxtc2 but I used a 5/16 compression to -6 an on the feed from the pump and 3/8 to -6 an on the engine. Return was just a barbed fitting to 5/16 hose with fuel injection clamps. From the tank I used the original rubber supply line from the selector switch to a 3/8 barb with clamp.

78b509331268670194ff2534438bfe1d.jpg

fe33d4ece926a23169d11eb18b7b4095.jpg

9120432862caf92438997d4412d51720.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

freddie

Reaction score
Ended up using the 3/4" boss fitting and keeping the hard lines. I have about 70$ in this E fuel system. Had an old walbro pump and used the stock FPR.
How's it working for you? Found a 97 7.3 for sale for the right price, claims that the factory fuel pump is leaking. Thinking about getting it for my dad and doing the cheapest Efuel system I can.

Reaction score
How's it working for you? Found a 97 7.3 for sale for the right price, claims that the factory fuel pump is leaking. Thinking about getting it for my dad and doing the cheapest Efuel system I can.

Runs really good actually. Better than it did with the mech pump.

Latest posts

Members online