Turbo upgrade, o-ring heads ?

Blue710

Reaction score
I will be ordering a new s300sxe for my 2005 and i just wanted a second opinion on if my setup will work or if i will have to o- ring my heads. I also am curious as to if my stock 6.0 intercooler will be enough or will that need to be upgraded?

Truck has new motor and trans with 6k on them (140k on body)
Bored .20 over stock
New oem gaskets, oem injector o-ring kit
Egr ******
Arp studs
Injectors are 190cc/100% from industrial injection
Borg Warner s363 fmw
Aeromotive A1000 fuel system with beans diesel sump
Oil cooler ****** -air to oil cooler setup
Warren Diesel stage 5 transmission
Mbrp 5 in straight pipe
Afe stage 2 intake
******** custom tunes on sct street tow race dyno

plan on running borgs s300sxe 69/73/.91 twin scroll

Thanks

shmoozer

Reaction score
Personally I would run your heads as they are, especially if they're already on the truck. If a gasket let's loose then have them o-ringed.
As for the intercooler you can run the stock one as well, but be aware of the plastic end tanks. I went with the csf intercooler found on eBay when I did my 66 and 205's
https://www.ebay.com/itm/152185626645
It's a pretty good cooler for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue710

Reaction score
Wow a direct aluminum drop in for that price cant beat that :thumbup: and i believe they are the same heads that were used not sure though when I bought the truck the guy said the bullet proofing done to the motor before goin back in and that every part was bran new and fully balanced with only 4k on the entire driveline.

slc6oh

Reaction score
complete guess, but I bet youll clear 50psi on that set up, like guy above said, id run it.. have em ringed if one lets go.

I had mine o ringed when It was apart, just because I didn't want to risk it when it was only another 400$ while the heads were already at the machine shop

Blue710

Reaction score
ok nice what would be a dead give away for a blown head gasket, degas bottle boil? Puking Coolant? rising temps? any sounds to listen for :lookaround:

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
end tanks will blow off intercooler before it wont flow enough

pressure in coolant system etc etc are all signs of bad hg (diag'd correctly)

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
complete guess, but I bet youll clear 50psi on that set up, like guy above said, id run it.. have em ringed if one lets go.

I had mine o ringed when It was apart, just because I didn't want to risk it when it was only another 400$ while the heads were already at the machine shop

Exactly. If your in there already, get them o-ringed

thewrubelator

Reaction score
I have a El Cheapo CSF off ebay, and it holds up well to me beating the piss out of it!
A quick/easy way to get a good idea if you can't pressure test the system, is squeeze your upper rad hose, if its swelled/hard, time for a HG more than likely. If your puking coolant, time for a HG more than likely as well.

Mdub707

Reaction score
If your EGR cooler is gone or blocked... and you're pushing coolant out... it's headgasket time. Really no other way for the system to become over pressurized.

Blue710

Reaction score
Ok I did the latex glove over coolant reservoir test when the engine was warm and no inflation the truck only puked bad one time (noticeable puddle ) that ran a foot or so and that was last summer. The leak seemed to be visible next to trans bell housing on passenger side. The cooler was taken out when the egr ****** was done. I also notice a small amount near the turbo pedestal valley.

Downey

Reaction score
Get a 15 psi gauge and tap into the 1/4" line to degas bottle and drive it. My headgakets didn't leak unless I was towing a big load or beating on it when a big tune. If you get over 9psi in your cooling system you have hg problems.

Blue710

Reaction score
Ok so I just pulled DTC p0528 which I believe is the fan speed sensor and also a p0676 for the #6 glow plug relay so I'm gonna try an throw a new fan belt clutch in I thinks that's my reason for the small amounts of coolant on the front Axel.

Latest posts

Members online