Bigger turbo help

jtc96

Reaction score
I have been thinking about putting a elite diesel 71 mm low pressure turbo on my truck. The truck is ******* tuned and fully ******d. It is not studded. I am not looking to make 700hp just looking for a nice upgrade for towing. What do you guys think about this upgrade? Will I have to have my tunes revised or can I run the current tunes?

Lipka101

Reaction score
It's fine to run your current tunes. Nice upgrade. Egts will drop quite a bit. Perfect for towing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I have been thinking about putting a elite diesel 71 mm low pressure turbo on my truck. The truck is ******* tuned and fully ******d. It is not studded. I am not looking to make 700hp just looking for a nice upgrade for towing. What do you guys think about this upgrade? Will I have to have my tunes revised or can I run the current tunes?

nothing in tunes will be changed for 71, you can pick them up cheap now as they are "old" technology, will be a big difference over stock for sure. Nice set up, if you can find a 72/73 for same $ i would go that route, there also tunes will stay the same

jtc96

Reaction score
Thanks! What should I expect sound wise and fuel economy vs stock. I'd like to hear some more whistle and fuel economy really doesn't bother me but would be nice to know if I'd see a gain

pog

Reaction score
Yea you'll get more whistle. I'd go with a 72mm

Lipka101

Reaction score
Thanks! What should I expect sound wise and fuel economy vs stock. I'd like to hear some more whistle and fuel economy really doesn't bother me but would be nice to know if I'd see a gain
With a 71mm my fuel economy hasn't changed. Same old crappy mileage that I've come to expect of a 6.4. Can definitely hear the turbo more though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jtc96

Reaction score
What kits are you guys running in the 71mm or 72mm? The only ones I could find are elites 71mm

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What kits are you guys running in the 71mm or 72mm? The only ones I could find are elites 71mm

we sell the elite 72mm atmo, in stock. i run one . great drop in turbo. $1650 plus core .

Latest posts

Members online