this F'ing truck

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
some of you know my nightmare with my last truck....
i traded it in on a new 2017...some saw the video of the glitch right after i bought it, i took it in for a CEL last week....well today when i went to leave work it did the glitch again....the dealer local to me basically told me to pack sand....so what should i do?
truck has 24k miles on it and has been to the dealer 3 times to fix ****

sootie

Reaction score
Get in touch with the owner or general manager of the dealership. Do not get angry, be professional and explain the situation.

If that doesnt work call Ford customer care department and register a complaint against the dealership.

If that doesn't work try another dealership.

If that fails, call an attorney.

Biggest thing in your favour is hard evidence including your video, dealership visits, unreturned phone calls, staff names etc.

deiter5262

Reaction score
Agreed, I just had trouble setting up some warranty work on my 2014 F250 at our local Ford. First time I called the service rep was in a huge hurry, said bring it in and didn't answer any of my questions, really completely rude to me and hung up quick. I called back two days later to confirm I can drop my truck off early as I am leaving town this weekend and the lady was complete 180* of the last Ford Representative I spoke to. She said my truck and the warranty work wasn't entered in their system, neither was any of my info. She was completely nice, let me speak and get out what all I need Ford to fix on my truck. Then took down my VIN # again and entered in everything. Verified when to drop my tuck off. First guy really pissed me off.

Seems like its a people thing sometimes! Try a different dealer after you speak to the manager and Ford customer service if you still catch slack.

C2tuck

Reaction score
I did exactly what Sootie suggested in a ‘14 Jeep Wrangler. Damn thing had horrible water leaks. I kept taking it in, called Chrysler and nothing happened. I called an attorney under lemon law. I think it had to be in the shop 3-4 times within a 12 month period for the same problem. The attorney didn’t get it bought back, but he did get them to give me $7k (he got half) since the cardiac would show that it had been in the shop so many times and that that caused it to depreciate more than one that hadn’t. I took the deal and traded it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
Get in touch with the owner or general manager of the dealership. Do not get angry, be professional and explain the situation.

If that doesnt work call Ford customer care department and register a complaint against the dealership.

If that doesn't work try another dealership.

If that fails, call an attorney.

Biggest thing in your favour is hard evidence including your video, dealership visits, unreturned phone calls, staff names etc.

the GM is the reason i made this thread, he was a total ass

Tall Tugger

Reaction score
First post here, but had to chime in. Went from a 14 Cummins, to a 17 Chevy L5P. Truck was in the shop for various issues for 54 days in the first 6 months of ownership. Long story short i battled with GM, getting shuffled around trying to get the truck lemon lawed for 7 months. Then I looked in my owners manual and there is a lemon law pamphlet there. It said to contact the BBB Autoline program. They are free, and act as an arbitrator between the consumer and the company. I had a buy back agreement in two weeks. They were amazing to deal with. So if it comes down to it, keep your records and if you want to lemon law go straight to the Autoline program.
BTW Dave smith was zero help except to offer me auction price on a buy back. I will never step foot in that dealership again......ever.....

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
im just gonna stick to the dealership in Carson City, the one here in town has a bad reputation, when i told my story at work almost everyone at work that has dealt with this particular dealership has had various issues with their service department, its just a ****ty dealership and with any luck they'll go out of business

Latest posts

Members online