Another crank no start

Rockin Jester

Reaction score
I'm working on a 6.0 in a 2004 e350 ford van. I do not have access to a scan gauge or programer. I do however have torque pro and pretty much able to monitor all my sensors and read codes.
The van broke down and was towed to my shop. Initial test showed icp and egr codes. I changed out the icp and it started. At times it would run fine other times not so much.
Further examination verified the egr soaken wet. Ended up replacing the heater core, egr ****** and oil cooler. Put it all back together and I've got a crank no start.
That started almost a week ago. I've been trying to figure it out since and still have the same results.
2 codes keep coming back. P2289 and 02623. Ive replaced
The icp,and the ipr. They return after 3 cranking cycles.
I tested the wiring and pigtails for resistance and voltage from the plug to plug. They passed. I swapped out my ficm and pcm from my f250 and had no change.
Cranking.
Ive got ficm sync.
48 ficm volts.
12.6 volts.
55 psi fuel pressure.
But real high hpop. 1560
@ 67% ipr.

Any ideas/thoughts ask away.
Thanks for the help.

Jtreece

Reaction score
Whats the LPOP pressure? pull the oil filter cap, remove cap and filter, push the release down in the bottom of the housing and have someone crank it. If it doesn't fill with oil then it might be the low pressure oil pump.

webb06

Reaction score
I'm working on a 6.0 in a 2004 e350 ford van. I do not have access to a scan gauge or programer. I do however have torque pro and pretty much able to monitor all my sensors and read codes.

The van broke down and was towed to my shop. Initial test showed icp and egr codes. I changed out the icp and it started. At times it would run fine other times not so much.

Further examination verified the egr soaken wet. Ended up replacing the heater core, egr ****** and oil cooler. Put it all back together and I've got a crank no start.

That started almost a week ago. I've been trying to figure it out since and still have the same results.

2 codes keep coming back. P2289 and 02623. Ive replaced

The icp,and the ipr. They return after 3 cranking cycles.

I tested the wiring and pigtails for resistance and voltage from the plug to plug. They passed. I swapped out my ficm and pcm from my f250 and had no change.

Cranking.

Ive got ficm sync.

48 ficm volts.

12.6 volts.

55 psi fuel pressure.

But real high hpop. 1560

@ 67% ipr.

Any ideas/thoughts ask away.

Thanks for the help.

So you have sync and ficm sync?
Icp is reading 1560psi during cranking?
Ipr is maxing at 67% during cranking?

Is the new icp sensor from ford?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Whats the LPOP pressure? pull the oil filter cap, remove cap and filter, push the release down in the bottom of the housing and have someone crank it. If it doesn't fill with oil then it might be the low pressure oil pump.

Kinda hard to do that on an e series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online