Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 2017+ 6.7 Aluminum Super Duty

Old 11-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_Mott View Post
That's reassuring to hear, I will have to ask my guy if the lifetime comes with the same perks as your getting...

Do you have the 3m protection as Well?
If so did you do it your self or pay to have it done and if so where did you do and approximately how much was it?

I do vinyl decals and my buddy does it for a living so I kind of wonder if it's similar and I can install it my self...

Lastly I have read conflicting statements of the protection and how you can and can not put ceramic pro over it, any truth to this from you experience ?

Thanks...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My cts-v has 3m protection on hood fenders and front bumper/valance with ceramic pro over top of it. Cost 2k in New Jersey. The car is black so I wanted paint chip protection as well. It cleans up just like the rest of the car. No visible lines etc if I didnít tell you it was on it 99% wouldnít know it. My opinion on the cost reflects the finished product. Iíve seen protection wraps that look crappy with visible seems and poor cuts around trim and headlights etc.. Iím not a vinyl guy and I didnít want to waste cash on the material ďtrying it outĒ so I paid to have it done. I probably paid a little on the high side for it but I believe the results justify it.

As far as over or on top. My ceramic pro guy is a licensed authorized distributor/installer. My warranty and annual touch up/maintenance can be done nationwide at any licensed/authorized ceramic pro location. He said itís safe to go over the 3m material so thatís what I did. Iím assuming during the annual visit if a stone has penetrated or made imperfections thatís when he corrects the area and then reapplies the coating as necessary. Fortunately I have not had to deal with this yet so donít take that as a fact. I am only assuming that is the process. Itís a great question, hopefully someone else with 1st hand experience can chime in on that specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2017, 08:37 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Right on thanks for a detailed response...

Jersey you say, dang I'm in NY might just need to contact your guy; where about in Jersey are you.
I'm just into NY where it meets NJ and PA.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:33 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Iím in south jersey cherry hill area. Hereís a link to my guy. Give him a call he is very knowledgeable owner is nick he can answer all your questions
http://aodetail.com

Old 11-13-2017, 09:57 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Ceramic pro is overpriced.. opti coat pro is a good one along with Cquartz finest.

Main thing is maintenance, everyone that replied in this thread that has a coating does one thing that keeps it nice, they are super careful with how they wash it. That is the MAIN way to keep your truck clean and looking good.

Coatings are great, they last about 2 years tops, anyone who says otherwise is lying to you. As for lifetime warranty, Iím curious as to what they consider warranty when the coating wears out.

For the 3m paint film, it is NOT the same as installing vinyl stickers. Iíd take it to a professional installer. If you have a black truck, take it to the best you can possibly find. Black shows stretch marks in the clear bra. 90% of clear bra installers are NOT good enough to get it perfect in black paint. The hoods on these 2017s are a bit tough to wrap.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:17 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

I had mine detailed and Opti-coat pro applied. It sheds water way better than wax ever has and makes it really easy to wash all the crap off. I will do it again on every vehicle I can afford to do it on. Using the 2 bucket method with the ONR rinse-less wash and it is pretty easy and takes about the same amount of time as hand washing did before. I paid $2K and even if I get 2-3 years out of it, it is still cheaper than a detail and much less impact on the paint. I've never been a fan of regular car washes, so not using one because of the coating warranty doesn't bother me much.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:34 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Any of y’all every used Glasslife Atlanta or seen the the work they have done in person? The stuff they put on the bookface looks unreal.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:26 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
Ceramic pro is overpriced.. opti coat pro is a good one along with Cquartz finest.

Main thing is maintenance, everyone that replied in this thread that has a coating does one thing that keeps it nice, they are super careful with how they wash it. That is the MAIN way to keep your truck clean and looking good.

Coatings are great, they last about 2 years tops, anyone who says otherwise is lying to you. As for lifetime warranty, Iím curious as to what they consider warranty when the coating wears out.

For the 3m paint film, it is NOT the same as installing vinyl stickers. Iíd take it to a professional installer. If you have a black truck, take it to the best you can possibly find. Black shows stretch marks in the clear bra. 90% of clear bra installers are NOT good enough to get it perfect in black paint. The hoods on these 2017s are a bit tough to wrap.

My guy re applies it yearly, thatís the lifetime part lol.
Does a free detail at the same time.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:49 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.kukulski. View Post

Same.
Free annual detail for life- hard to complain about that.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:28 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.kukulski. View Post

That sounds like a good deal! Who is that?

Old 11-14-2017, 11:26 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckrueg View Post
That sounds like a good deal! Who is that?

My guy in jersey offers it with the lifetime package.

http://aodetail.com