08 F-250 rear axle swap w/Sterling E locker

1FastGambler

Reaction score
I'm considering pulling a rear axle from an F250 or F350 with a electric locker to swap into my 2008 F250 and hooking the E-locker up to a toggle switch.

Has anyone done this before?

Will the factory E-locker have any issues operating properly with a toggle?

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Just put a true-trac in yours and be done with it.

uh, why? I'd take a locker over a true trac any day. Depending on what you do with the truck, a true trac is nothing but a compromise for those that don't want to deal with a locker. Has it's uses, and is good for probabally 80% of people, but if you're looking for traction, locker hands down.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
And it's and on off device so if you find your self on ice you can run it open and save yourself a trip into the ditch, if your running out of 4x4

The plus side to a true trac is there is no need to flip switch's, or forget to turn it off....and works as smoothly as your foot is to the peddle.

Highroller54

Reaction score
Is there a speed sensor on those diffs that is compatible with our trucks? I thought not but never looked into it myself

Rubenk

Reaction score
uh, why? I'd take a locker over a true trac any day. Depending on what you do with the truck, a true trac is nothing but a compromise for those that don't want to deal with a locker. Has it's uses, and is good for probabally 80% of people, but if you're looking for traction, locker hands down.

Why not just do an aftermarket selectable e-locker then?

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Because I can sometime find entire diffs for less than a locker and bearings...

Latest posts

Members online